Yahoo bonds with Google for online ads
New Delhi: In its bid to accelerate revenue growth, Yahoo Inc has formed an alliance with rival Google to draw the latter’s massive online advertising network.
Ever since Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer joined the company, analysts were predicting that her old ties with Google might eventually lead to a closer relationship with Yahoo.
Yahoo's chief operating officer, Henrique De Castro, is also a former Google executive.
Last year, Google's ad sales on its partners' sites totalled USD 12.5 billion. That amount includes ads shown next to the search results on other websites, a service it isn't providing to Yahoo.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300