Zee Media Bureau
It's a common story one hears regularly that a person got shortchanged by the ATM with amount getting debited from his account without any cash disbursal by the machine. The question then arrives what should one do in such a situation.
Here we will let you know how to tackle the situation.
As per RBI guidelines, in case of non-disbursal of cash from the ATM of your bank or any other contact nearest branch of bank where you have account. In case, the bank branch is closed or it's a holiday then register your complaint on the customer care number. The bank takes at least one week to solve your problem.
- You must keep the transaction slip with yourself safely during the waiting period.
- In case you are unable to recover transaction slip, bank statement will also do.
- You must register a written complaint with the bank along with photocopy of transaction slip.
- The bank has to return money inside one week if the complaint is genuine. In case it fails, it will have to pay Rs 100 as a fine on daily basis.
- In case your complaint is not solved even after a week passing, you can contact Banking Lokpal for the same.
Banks usually take 24 hours to credit cash to the account of a person in such situations if it is at fault.