I-T offices to remain open on Mar 30 and 31
New Delhi: Income Tax department offices across the country will remain open on March 30 and 31 for taxpayers who want to file their returns and conduct other tax related businesses.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has taken the measure as the last two days of the month are Saturday and Sunday. Also, March 27 and 29 are holidays owing to Holi and Good Friday and the offices would be closed then, an official said.
The CBDT has also asked all the Chief Commissioners of tax collection ranges to open additional counters to facilitate the taxpayers who would file their I-T returns for the 2012-13 fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300