"The objective of the I-T department is to make life as easy as possible for the assessee and difficult only for those who consciously evade and avoid taxes," Arun Jaitley said while launching the twin initiatives of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
The Centre has extended by six months, till April 15 next year, the deadline for central government employees to file the details of their assets and liabilities, along with that of their spouses and dependent children, as mandated under the Lokpal Act.
Government is set to unveil an ambitious PAN activity monitoring and analysis software tool that will enable Income Tax department to check transactions history of a person country-wide and help sleuths in effective tracking of black money trail.
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300