In order to present the revenue side more effectively in high-value and important cases before the AAR judicial forum, CBDT has decided to stop the practice of sending junior-level Income Tax officials to these hearings and has ordered their seniors to take up the task.
Even as the Modi government is yet to cross the Parliamentary hurdle before it can roll out a uniform tax regime, it has rechristened Mumbai-based Directorate General of Service Tax as Directorate General of Goods and Service Tax (DGGST), and shifted it to Delhi.
It will become "very difficult" to roll out the new indirect tax regime by the April 2016 target if GST bill is not passed in the current session of Parliament, Chairman of Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers K M Mani said Tuesday.
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300