The rollout of an ambitious pilot project of Income Tax department to begin paperless and email-based communication with taxpayers has been delayed as many chosen tax offices have not sent the required data to the CBDT even after over a month-and-a-half of the go-ahead.
Even as the government and the Opposition are locked in hot debate in the Parliament over the passing of the Goods and Servive Tax (GST) Bill, the Finance Ministry Committee has listed several risk factors involved in the implementation of the bill.
The Constitution Amendment Bill to roll out Goods and Services Tax is stuck in the Rajya Sabha due to stiff opposition by the Congress party and might be delayed further because of the tough stance taken by the main opposition party over the National Herald case issue.
Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian Monday defended a three-rate structure for GST, including a demerit or 'sin' tax of 40 percent on products like tobacco and luxury cars, saying the recommendation is based on the current tax structure.
Finance Ministry wants Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) to retain 8.75 per cent rate of interest on PF deposits for 2015-16 although the retirement fund body is in a position to give better returns to its over five crore subscribers.
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products