The government is keen on early resolution of the three pending tax disputes -- involving foreign giants Vodafone, Cairn and Shell -- and the best way to get an expeditious disposal is being worked out, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Sunday.
Promising more reforms, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Thursday said efforts are being made to "put to sleep" pending taxation issues to attract investments and make fundamentals of the economy sound so that it can withstand the global turmoil.
India plans to address some pending tax disputes in the next few days, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Thursday, but did not give details or say whether the cases in question included disputes with foreign companies that have spooked investors.
In order to present the revenue side more effectively in high-value and important cases before the AAR judicial forum, CBDT has decided to stop the practice of sending junior-level Income Tax officials to these hearings and has ordered their seniors to take up the task.
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products