1. According to a study report by City Mayors, Ghaziabad is the fastest growing Indian city and the second fastest growing city in the world. Delhi Metro Rail train passing through Kaushambi, Ghaziabad
2. Surat, India's diamond city, is ranked second in India's fastest and the world's fourth-fastest growing city. The city has an average annual population growth rate of 4.99 percent.
3. Faridabad has been ranked India's 3rd fastest growing city and the eighth fastest growing urban centre in the world by City Mayors. As per reports, the city accounts for half of the income tax collected in the state and about 60 percent of Haryana's revenue.
4. Nashik, referred to as the 'wine capital of India', has been ranked as India's fourth fastest growing city and the 16th fastest growing in the world. The city’s average annual population growth rate stands at 3.90 percent.
5. Patna, the capital of Bihar is India's 5th fastest growing city and the 21st fastest growing city in the world. In 2009, the World Bank ranked Patna as the second best city in India to start up a business. The city also has lowest slum population of any city in India.
6. The city of Rajkot has been ranked India’s 6th fastest growing city and the 22nd fastest growing urban area in the world by the study of City Mayor. It is one of the largest cities in Gujarat.
7. Jaipur, the Pink City of India, is the 7th fastest growing city and the 24th fastest growing urban centre in the world, according to the City Mayors study. Interestingly, it has also been ranked 31 among the 50 Emerging Global Outsourcing cities.
8. The national capital of India, New Delhi has been ranked as the 8th fastest growing city in India and the 28th fastest growing urban centre in the world. Delhi GDP stands at about Rs 1,60,739 crore (Rs 1,607.39 billion) and contributes 4.94 percent to all-India GDP.
9. Pune is India's 9th fastest growing city and 29th fastest growing urban centre in the world. The city boasts of some major software industries such as Rajiv Gandhi IT Park, Magarpatta Cybercity, MIDC Software Technology Park at Talawade, Marisoft IT
10. Indore city, as per the study of City Mayors, is the 10th fastest growing city in India and the world's 32nd fastest growing urban centre. As the commercial capital of Madhya Pradesh, Indore is home to hundreds of small-scale and large-scale manufacturing and industrial units.
11. One of the busiest trading centres in India, Asansol in West Bengal is ranked the 11th fastest growing city in India and the world's 42nd fastest growing urban centre. It also boasts of a huge workforce with its per capita income being much higher than many Indian cities.
12. The home of the Taj Mahal is ranked the 12th fastest growing city in India and the world's 53rd fastest growing urban centre. It is a major centre of small-scale industries and a growing hub for hospitality.
13. Completing the top 30 fastest growing cities is given in order: Amritsar, Meerut, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Bhopal, Ludhiana, Jamshedpur, Vadodara, Kanpur, Srinagar, Coimbatore, Dhanbad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Jabalpur, Visakhapatnam.