New Delhi: Auto major Mahindra & Mahindra on Wednesday said the tool down strike by workers at its Nashik plant in Maharashtra continued for the second day, resulting in a total production loss of around 500 vehicles so far.
"The tool down strike by employees of the Nashik plant, which started on March 5, 2013 is currently continuing. The company has had a production loss of around 500 vehicles till date," Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) said in a statement.
The company, however, said the loss of output will have no immediate impact on sales as it has three weeks of stock in the pipeline.
"M&M believes in fair treatment and will keep its dialogue ongoing with the union representatives for stoppage of the current tool down and a planned strike so as to reach a mutual agreement," the company said.
The company, however, did not share details such as what are the exact demands of the workers and since how long the wage negotiations are going on.
On Tuesday, M&M had said its workers at the Nashik plant have threatened to go on strike from Monday if the ongoing wage negotiations with the management are not settled by then.
The workers had partially stopped production at two assembly lines yesterday.