Delhi colonies regularization: Hurdles are yet to be over
New Delhi: Although Lieutenant-Governor Tejendra Khanna has approved the regularisation of 917 unauthorised colonies in Delhi, but hurdles are yet to be over.
A newspaper citing several sources has said that the regularization of these colonies will continue to hang in balance as several procedures are to be followed before kicking off the regularization process.
As per the Union government’s amendment of the guidelines for regularising colonies, unauthorised colonies may not be regularised before the cost of land, on which the settlements are located, is recovered.
Of the 917 colonies that were approved, only 315 are on private land, while the remaining is on government-owned land.
Citing a senior government official the paper said that the colonies would have to pay the cost of that land before regularization.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300