Godrej Properties to develop 82 mn sq ft across the country
Kolkata: Realty major Godrej Properties will develop 82 million sq ft across the country, out of which 6.5 million sq ft will be in the city, MD and CEO of the company Pirojsha Godrej said.
Announcing the launch of an ultra luxury residential project at upmarket Alipore area of the city, he said the company would build residential and office complexes across the country.
The MD further said that the project would cost Rs 100 crore.
"We hope to get the final approval for the project soon and launch it in the next two months. The size of the apartments will be the region of 3,500-10,000 sq ft," Godrej told reporters here today.
The company had embarked on projects in the city and suburbs like office complex Godrej Waterside at Salt Lake Electronics Complex and Godrej Prakriti Residential Project at Sodepur in North 24 Parganas near the metropolis.
"Due to slowdown in economic activity, demand for commercial real estate has remained low. We hope that it will pick up over the next few months," he said.
In Kolkata, the company would now focus only on residential projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300