Govt considering infrastructure status to housing sector
New Delhi: The Union government on Wednesday said that a proposal to assign infrastructure status to affordable housing sector is under consideration of an institutional mechanism constituted by the Finance Ministry.
In reply to a question in the Lok Sabha, Minister for Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation Girija Vyas said that her ministry had sent the proposal for consideration of 'Institutional Mechanism (IM) under the Harmonised Master List of Infrastructure sub-sectors', constituted by Ministry of Finance to consider assigning 'Infrastructure Status' to Affordable Housing Sector.
In reply to another question, Vyas said that as per the assessment of a technical committee constituted by her ministry to assess housing shortage as on 2012, 0.53 million households were in homeless condition in urban areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300