Housing subsidy for poor families to construct houses raised
Puducherry: As part of its plan to ensure that Puducherry emerged hut free, the territorial government has amended the rules to enhance subsidy for construction of houses by homeless poor families belonging to SC/STs OBC and and others from Rs one lakh to Rs two lakhs.
A communication from the Puducherry Slum Clearance Board said Lt Governor Iqubal Singh had amended the Puducherry Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Centenary Housing scheme rules-2003 for grant of subsidy to poor homeless families in the Union Territory.
The amendment now permits grant of enhanced subsidy to each of the families to construct concrete structures replacing huts. The subsidy has been raised to Rs two lakhs from Rs one lakh.
The subsidy would be available in three instalments depending upon the stage of construction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300