SC extends deadline till Oct 31 for payment of VAT by realtors
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday extended the deadline for payment of VAT for the real estate developers in Maharashtra by two months to October 31.
A Bench headed by Justice R M Lodha also gave a partial relief to the developers by staying the Bombay High Court order by which they were directed to pay the penalty and interest on the tax.
However, the bench, also comprising justices A R Dave and Ranjan Gogai refused to the stay the order of the High Court which had upheld the circular issued by the state government for the implementation of the provisions of the VAT.
According to the provision the developers have to register themselves with the Sales Tax Department and pay the arrears.
The earlier deadline for VAT payment was August 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20