IDBI collects taxes worth Rs 1.59 trillion for govt in FY'13
Mumbai: State-run IDBI Bank on Tuesday said it collected taxes worth Rs 1.59 lakh crore for the central and state governments in 2012-13, registering a growth of 28 percent over the previous fiscal.
IDBI Bank facilitated 16 percent of the Centre's direct tax collection of Rs 5.66 lakh crore and 11 percent of the indirect tax collection of Rs 4.69 lakh crore, it said in a statement.
On the indirect tax collection front, the amount facilitated by it witnessed a growth of 88 percent over the previous year while direct taxes were up 8 percent, it said.
The VAT/CST collection from various states/UTs was Rs 16,198 crore as against last year's collection of Rs 12,125 crore, up 34 percent, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300