Income Tax return online – How to file
New Delhi: If you haven’t filed your income-tax return till now, fill it online. The government has extended the last date for e-filing of income tax returns till August 31.
To file your I-T return online you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
Here is what you need to do
- Go to the I-T Department’s website, www.incometaxindiaefilling.gov.in, and register yourself with your Permanent Account Number (PAN) which will also be your user ID. When you’re successfully registered, find the download menu option, click on e-filling AY 2012-13 and download the ITR-1’s (Sahaj) return preparation software if u are a salaried person, own property, earn interest income or are a pensioner.
-Now using detail given in your Form 16, fill them out in the Return Preparation Software you downloaded.
-Now you can calculate your tax payable by using the “Calculate Tax” tab; pay your tax and enter the challan details in the tax return. Click on the validate icon to confirm your details entered. Now create an XML file, which gets automatically saved on your computer.
-Select the “Submit Return” tab and upload the XML file after selecting the “AY 2012-2013” and the relevant form.
-If you have a “digital signature” (DS) now is the time to use it. You will be asked if you wish to verify or sign the file. Select either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’
-A message will come stating that the process has been completed and that you have successfully filed your income tax return. An ITR verification (ITR-V) will come and you can download it, the form is also mailed to you on your registered email ID.
- Print your ITR-V form, remember to sign it in blue ink, and mail it to the Income Tax Department-CPC, Post Bag No-1, Electronic City Post Office, Bangalore — 560100, Karnataka within a time duration of 120 days of uploading your e-return. No documents from couriers will be accepted.
-The I-T department will send you an email acknowledging that they have received your ITR-V form. If by any chance you do not receive the mail from the I-T department, you can resend your form.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300