RBI, 926 bank branches to collect advance tax in Mumbai
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank and 926 bank branches will collect advance tax in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai.
"As many as 926 computerised branches of public and private sector banks will receive advance income tax in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai. These arrangements have been made for the convenience of the income tax assesses," RBI said in a notification Wednesday.
It said as many as 862 of these bank branches are from public sector, 35 are from HDFC Bank, 10 from ICICI Bank and 19 from Axis Bank.
RBI said long queues and inconveniences can be avoided at its counters if the assesses in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai utilise the services being made available at various designated branches of banks and deposit their income tax dues well in advance of the last date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20