Tax payers can pay dues in select bank branches in Delhi: RBI
New Delhi: The Reserve Bank Thursday said city-based income-tax payers can deposit the tax at the branches of State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank and IDBI Bank.
This, the central bank said, would be in addition to the RBI branch in the city, where the tax dues will continue to be accepted.
RBI has also advised tax payers to pay their dues on time to avoid last minute rush.
"It is observed that the rush for remitting income-tax dues into the Reserve Bank of India has been far too heavy towards the end of March/June/September/December and it becomes difficult for the Reserve Bank to cope up with the pressure of receipts although additional counters to the maximum possible extent are provided for the purpose," RBI said in a statement.
The assessees may take advantage of these arrangements made for their convenience, it added further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300