Tax payers can pay dues in select bank branches in Delhi: RBI
New Delhi: The Reserve Bank Thursday said city-based income-tax payers can deposit the tax at the branches of State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank and IDBI Bank.
This, the central bank said, would be in addition to the RBI branch in the city, where the tax dues will continue to be accepted.
RBI has also advised tax payers to pay their dues on time to avoid last minute rush.
"It is observed that the rush for remitting income-tax dues into the Reserve Bank of India has been far too heavy towards the end of March/June/September/December and it becomes difficult for the Reserve Bank to cope up with the pressure of receipts although additional counters to the maximum possible extent are provided for the purpose," RBI said in a statement.
The assessees may take advantage of these arrangements made for their convenience, it added further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20