Will fulfill dreams of AIADMK workers, says Deepa
Madras High Court on Friday dismissed a PIL seeking a direction to the Union government to confer the 'Bharat Ratna' on late AIADMK leader J Jayalalithaa, saying it does not want to interfere in such matters.
The building is located at No. 20 Pycrofts Garden Road in Nungambakkam.
A vacation bench of the Madras High Court on Thursday cast doubts over the death of former Tamil Nadu chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, who breathed her last at Chennai’s Apollo Hospitals on December 5.
The succession war in Tamil Nadu's ruling party AIADMK has turned uglier as the state police have registered an FIR against rebel MP Sasikala Pushpa's husband, who was attacked by AIADMK functionaries on Wednesday.
In a significant development, the AIADMK general council on Thursday adopted a resolution to work under the leadership of 'Chinnamma' Sasikala Natarajan, a long-time close associate of former Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa.
The Inter-Ministerial team, deputed by the Centre to assess the damage caused by Cyclone Vardah in Tamil Nadu, is reaching Chennai on Tuesday.
The 92-year-old leader was rushed to the hospital on the night of December 15. Doctors treating him had said that a process was initiated to clear his infection.
Senior IAS officer Girija Vaidyanathan on Friday took charge as the new Chief Secretary of Tamil Nadu, a day after her predecessor P Rama Mohana Rao was unceremoniously removed by the state government hours after his residence and office were raided by the Income Tax (IT) officials.
The Supreme Court will on Friday hear pleas seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe or a judicial investigation into former Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa's death.
Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) officials busted a hawala gang and seized Rs 1.34 crore in new Rs 2000 notes near Chennai airport on Thursday.
The government of Tamil Nadu has removed state's Chief Secretary P Rama Mohana Rao, a day after his residence and offices were raided by the Income Tax (IT) officials, said reports on Thursday.
Karunanidhi was admitted to Kauvery Hospital on the night of December 15 due to breathing difficulty problems.
The TN government has also requested the Modi government to grant Bharat Ratna to Jayalalithaa.
The Madras High Court has asked the Tamil Nadu government to file a status report within a month.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister O Panneerselvam will meet PM Narendra Modi on Monday to with a demand to bestow the Bharat Ratna on former chief minister J Jayalalithaa.
Pushpa has alleged that Jayalalithaa's death was "suspicious" as her actual medical condition was not disclosed.
Karunanidhi was admitted to Kauvery Hospital on Thursday night due with breathing difficulty as well as throat and lung infection.
Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president M Karunanidhi was on Thursday admitted to a hospital again here.
Former Tamil Nadu chief minister Jayalalithaa's long-time aide Sasikala Natarajan will be the next general secretary, a party spokesperson confirmed this on Thursday.
The NEET PG 2017 examination was held at 6 centers in Chennai on Tuesday, December 13.
The railway authorities on Monday cancelled or diverted several trains ahead of severe cyclonic storm Vardah which is set to make landfall near Chennai.
As Sasikala Natarajan – the close aide of former Tamil Nadu chief minister late Jayalalithaa - prepares to formally take over the reins of the AIADMK, the departed leader's niece Deepa Jayakumar has said that she is not fit to lead the party.
Vardah is the fourth major cyclone to spin out of the Bay of Bengal and hit India this year, after Roanu, Kyant and Nada. Here is how the tradition of naming cyclones began with hurricanes in the Atlantic Ocean.
Severe cyclonic storm 'Vardah', which is expected to make a landfall in the afternoon on Monday, has got its name from Pakistan.
Heavy rains coupled with squally winds on Monday lashed the city of Chennai as very severe cyclonic storm 'Vardah' was expected to make landfall this afternoon.
Both the state governments are on high alert as the cyclonic storm is expected to make landfall on Monday afternoon.
The revelation comes even as the AIADMK party on Saturday announced to elect a new party general secretary.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister O Paneerselvam had on Thursday met Jayalalithaa's confidante Sasikala Natarajan at the Poes Garden residence on Thursday.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- LIVE: IND vs WI, 1st ODI — Excellent start by India openers
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE