A video allegedly showing the hospital floor where Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa is being treated has gone massively viral on social media.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa has been advised few days stay in the hospital for recuperative treatment, said a medical bulletin on Thursday.
A Singapore-bound air passenger was detained here for allegedly trying to carry foreign currency worth about Rs 18 lakh, airport officials said today.
P Ramkumar committed suicide in Puzhal prison in Chennai by biting into a live wire on Sunday evening.
Swathi was hacked to death, allegedly by Ramkumar, an engineering graduate, on June 24 while she was waiting to board a train at a platform.
The incident happened at around 3:30 on Cathedral road.
According to police, Ramkumar bit a power cable in the Puzhal prison to kill himself.
In July, a video of Gowtham Sudarshan and Ashish Paul -- one throwing the dog down from the rooftop of a building and the other filming the gruesome act -- went viral.
CBI has arrested a Director-level officer of Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IAAS) for allegedly amassing disproportionate assets to the tune of Rs 1.67 crore.
Two medical students, who threw a dog off the rooftop of a three-storeyed building and filmed the gruesome incident, were fined Rs 2 lakh each by a committee formed by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University.
The man who had claimed to have murdered Sadiq Batcha, a close aide of former Telecom Minister A Raja and important witness in the 2G case, has gone missing before CBI could question him.
The petitioner submitted that hawkers are re-encroaching NSC Bose road, despite the court order and submissions made by authorities that they have removed the encroachments.
The policemen were armed with sticks and are seen raining blows on a man, his wife and son in full public view.
The AAI has announced that armed CISF personnel would be on round-the-lock patrol in the airport complex.
The Tamil Nadu Police have now called several bank employees for questioning in connection with the train theft case.
The father hands the baby two bottles as he smiles and looks up at the mother who is holding the camera.
Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa on Monday alleged that she was mistreated by her party chief J Jayalalithaa who was pressurising her to quit for over two months.
Sasikala had got into a scuffle with DMK MP Tiruchi Siva at Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi and slapped him in a fit rage.
Sheikh Mydeen - a look alike of APJ Abdul Kalam - also interacted with school children and posed for photographers after attending a host of events organised to mark the occasion.
Some objects were spotted as the co-ordinated search for the missing aircraft AN-32 of the IAF continued for the sixth day on Wednesday.
Model and photographer Vasanth Paul is a real-life hero.
The Indian Navy, which has pressed a flotilla of vessels, including a submarine, to locate a missing an Indian Air Force transport aircraft, on Sunday said it has sought the satellite imagery of the area from ISRO.
It's been more than 48 hours since Indian Air Force's AN 32 went missing, but the plane is still untraceable.
The protesters said that the holy Ganges River was highly polluted and its water could lead to fatal diseases.
It's really shocking as prestigious IIT Madras has witnessed two suicide cases in less than 24 hours!
The two students of Madha Medical College near here involved in throwing a dog from the roof top of a multi-story building were arrested and let out on bail on Wednesday, police said.
The Madras High Court on Wednesday dismissed a criminal case against influential Tamil author Perumal Murugan for allegedly offending religious sentiments in his book, 'Madhorubagan'.
The dog, which is now being addressed by animal lovers as 'Bhadra', has been brought to Madras Veterinary College in Vepery for medical treatment.
This news will surely bring smile on the faces of people who were praying for well-being of the Chennai dog who was thrown from rooftop by an MBBS student.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- LIVE: IND vs WI, 1st ODI — Excellent start by India openers
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE