Naxal killed, AK rifle recovered in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada encounter
Raipur: A Naxalite has been killed in an encounter with security forces in the worst Maoist violence hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh today.
Officials said the encounter took place early today in the Burgam village of the said district when a joint squad of CRPF and District Reserve Group (DRG) of state police was out for operations.
"The encounter is still on. A Naxal has been killed and an AK series assault rifle has been recovered," a senior officer said.
Reinforcement teams have been rushed in, they said, adding reports from the spot are coming in delayed as the encounter area is in interior forests of the Dantewada district in south Bastar.
The 111 battalion of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is leading the operation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why