Seven Maoists were killed in a gunfight with security forces here on Tuesday.
An IAS officer, BL Agrawal, was arrested here on Tuesday allegedly for offering bribe to officials to "fix" a pending case against him in a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court.
CBI today arrested Principal Secretary in Chhattisgarh Government B L Agrawal and two others in connection with an alleged bribery case. It is alleged that Agrawal, an IAS officer of 1988 batch, wanted to "settle" a CBI probe against him.
A court in Chhattisgarh's Korba district has sentenced two police personnel to four years in jail for taking bribe.
Noting that Naxals are on "backfoot", newly-appointed Inspector General of Police (in-charge) Bastar Range Sundarraj P, who replaced controversial officer S R P Kalluri.
Ten Maoists are believed to have been killed in a heavy exchange of fire when they attacked a police camp in Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh.
At least five persons were killed in a road accident late on Sunday night in Chhattisgarh.
A District Reserve Group jawan was today injured when a pressure bomb laid by Naxals went-off in a forest of Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district.
195 lower rung Naxals, including 24 women, on Sunday surrendered in Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The two jawans were working on the safety of road construction when the incident took place.
Two women and a minor girl were killed while four others injured when a pressure landmine, suspected to have been laid by Naxals, went off in a dense forest pocket of Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Narayanpur district, police said today.
A CRPF jawan and a sniffer dog were on Thursday injured in a pressure bomb blast allegedly triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has prima facie found 16 women victims of rape, sexual and physical assault by the state police personnel in Chhattisgarh`s tribal Bastar region.
In a big boost for the BJP government in Chhattisgarh led by of Dr Raman Singh, the ruling party on Friday won the Bhilai-Charoda and Sarangarh mayoral posts in the recent held civic polls here.
As many as 8,582 villages have so far been declared 'open defecation free' in Chhattisgarh, which is targeting to becoming an ODF state by October 2018.
Raman Singh said, "It was the blessings and trust of people that led the party to win three consecutive elections in the state. We do politics of development."
Police said if the money was found to be of Naxals, legal action will be taken against the bank account holders.
Two CRPF jawans were injured in an IED blast in Sukma yesterday.
At least 14 bogies of a goods train derailed here on Sunday, leading to disruption of rail traffic on the Howrah-Mumbai route, Railway officials said.
So far, bodies of 15 Maoists of their military formations have been recovered by the Bastar Police in this month as part of the ongoing `Mission 2016 Bastar`.
The winter session of Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly will begin today in Raipur.
Nandini Sundar has been named in a complaint by the wife of Shamnath Baghel, who was killed by Maoists last Friday in his village in Maoist-hit Bastar.
The Border Security Force (BSF) on Monday said it seized over Rs 5 lakh "unaccounted" demonetised Rs 500 and 1,000 notes from a person travelling in bus in Chhattisgarh's Kanker district.
On November 7, Delhi University Professor Sundar, JNU professor Archana Prasad and others were booked on charges of murder of a tribal villager in Chhattisgarh.
In a tragic incident, senior Congress leader Ajay Singh's nephew was shot dead by Naxals in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh in the wee hours on Friday.
Assistant sub-inspector Narbad Boga (54) was killed around 6 PM near Chirchari village on Raipur-Nagpur national highway, police said.
A tribal villager, who was at the forefront of a protest against Maoist activities in his village, was killed by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district, police said on Sunday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday celebrated Bhai Dooj in Chhattisgarh and assured the women that he will continue to work for the welfare of Mother India.
Pitching for the empowerment of the poor, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said skilled youth can pull themselves out of poverty and help fuel the engine of growth.
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- Watch - Akshay Kumar's pillow talk with his fans on fitness
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- Children subjected to cruelty on allegations of mobile stealing
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP
- Shiv Sena retains Thane Municipal Corporation, wins 67 seats
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- Maharashtra civil polls: BJP bags 32 seats in Ulhasnagar, Shiv Sena 25
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results: BJP wins big, NCP fails to open account
- Trump's immigration plans to impact 3 lakh Indian-Americans, EU ready to welcome more Indian skilled workers
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days