Naxals torched a bus after asking passengers to alight in Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur district while seven rebels were arrested on Tuesday following a face-off with police in a nearby area, an official said today.
Maoists have warned Bollywood star Akshay Kumar and ace badminton player Saina Nehwal.
The association planned to give Rs one lakh each to the families of the 25 CRPF soldiers. The officers, numbering 25,000 across the country contributed Rs.100 each for this noble cause, CBOA chairman J Vanangamudi told reporters.
Goel made the remarks during an event here themed Making of Developed India (MODI).
A complaint alleging social boycott was filed yesterday, following which the local police were directed to conduct investigation.
Last month, 25 CRPF jawans were slain in one of the deadliest Naxal attacks in Sukma district.
The CRPF has suspended its commander who led the team which came under attack by Naxalites in Chhattisgarh's Sukma on April 24.
A district leader of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) was booked for allegedly posting an "obscene" message against a woman IAS officer on a social media platform in Chhattisgarh's Raigarh, police said today.
Nearly a month after the Sukma attack, three Maoists surrendered to CRPF personnel during an anti-Maoist operation in Chhattisgarh's Jagdalpur district on Friday.
A major attack took place in Sukma on May 1, killing As many as 25 (CRPF) personnel and injuring five others.
Naxals stormed construction site, warned the workers and torched a tractor and a mixture machine.
Disappointed with the "hollow" Maoist ideology, 21 Naxalites, three of them carrying cash reward on their heads, today surrendered in Chhattisgarh's Bastar district.
A joint team of CRPF, CoBRA, Special Task Force and District Reserve Group carried out the operation.
According to CRPF, around 350 jawans are taking part in the operations.
A police personnel was killed and two others injured in a shootout with Maoists in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district, officials said on Monday.
Of the 26 Maoists apprehended, 15 were involved in the deadly ambush in Sukma district in Chhattisgarh on April 24.
Kundan carried a reward of Rs 15 lakh on his head, Ranchi Senior Superintendent of Police Kuldeep Dwivedi told reporters.
The encounter took place at 10 a.m. in Timarpur jungles under Bijapur District in Chhattisgarh between Naxals and a joint team of 204 Cobra (CRPF) and DRG (Chhattisgarh Police).
At least two District Reserve Group (DRG) personnel were injured after an encounter broke out between security forces and Naxals in Bijapur on Sunday.
Two personnel of the District Reserve Group (DRG) were on Sunday injured in an encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district.
The jawan was on security duty in the camp when he took the extreme step this afternoon.
Toilets have gone "missing" from a house in a Chhattisgarh village and a woman and her daughter want a bewildered police to trace them fast.
An encounter took place between the Border Security Force (BSF) personnel and Maoists in Chhattisgarh's Pankhajur area on Thursday.
The CoBRA (Commando Battalion for Resolute Action) are masters of guerrilla warfare.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Monday outlined 'Mission Sukma', which suggests use of air power, targeting naxal leadership, continuous development works among others, to eradicate the left-wing extremism from the worst affected district of the state.
Nearly a fortnight after Maoists claimed lives of at least 25 CRPF troopers in Chhattisgarh, the central government is all set to hold a ministerial-level review meeting on Monday to discuss security issues in Maoist-affected states.
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) soldiers on Saturday arrested at least nine people from Chintalnar and Chintagufa areas of Chhattisgarh Sukma Naxal attack when 25 jawans were killed in an ambush.
Two naxal commanders were gunned down in retaliatory action by the CRPF after the Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district last week in which 25 security personnel were killed, police today claimed.
At least 11 persons are being interrogated for their suspected links to the last week's Naxal attack on CRPF personnel in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district, the police said on Thursday.
- Cyclone Mora to intensify in 24 hours; heavy rainfall expected in Bengal, Northeast
- Watch: India's strategic plan to extinguish terrorism from Kashmir
- Exclusive Interview: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Punjab: Search operations in Pathankot after suspicious bag found
- IIT-Madras students hold beef fest to protest cattle slaughter ban
- Journalist murder case: CBI takes custody of RJD leader Shahabuddin
- Delhi: Trainee IFS officer found dead in swimming pool in Ber Sarai
- 3 years of Modi govt: Exclusive chat with Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu
- Babri case: UP CM Yogi Adityanath meets Advani ahead of framing of charges
- At least 30 killed in lightning, storm in Bihar
- Exclusive Interview: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with U.P. CM Yogi Adityanath - Part-II
- Babri Masjid case: Court to frame charges against LK Advani, Joshi, Uma Bharti
- Special Report : Is Air India finally going to get warm adieu?
- DNA: Watch India's report card on health and hygiene
- Construction of Dhola-Sadiya bridge in Arunachal irks China
- Wbresults.nic.in HS Results 2017 WBCHSE: Wbchse.nic.in HS Class 12th Result 2017 West Bengal Board to be announced today on May 30 at 10:30 AM
- West Bengal WBCHSE Class 12th HS Result 2017 declared, check wbchse.nic.in, wbresults.nic.in for grades
- jharresults.nic.in/jac.nic.in - Jharkhand 10th Result 2017, Jharkhand JAC Intermediate Result 2017, JAC Matric Result 2017
- CHSE Odisha Results 2017, Odisha class 12th Result 2017, Odisha +2 Results 2017 to be declared soon; check orissaresults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in
- orissaresults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in - CHSE Odisha +2 Arts, Commerce Results 2017 to be declared shortly; CHSE Odisha Plus Two Exam Results 2017, Orissa Class 12 Results 2017
- BSEB 12th result 2017: Bihar Board 12th result 2017 declared @ www.biharboard.ac.in; 70% science students, 76% arts students fail
- WB HS Results 2017: Check wbchse.nic.in, wbresults.nic.in for West Bengal WB Class 12th Result 2017 to be declared shortly
- 7th Pay Commission: E-CoS to take final call on allowances today, will it propose HRA hike of up to 178%?
- Jharkhand JAC Secondary Class 10 Results 2017, Jharkhand Board Matric Results to be announced soon on May 30
- 1993 Mumbai serial blasts: Special TADA court likely to pronounce order against Abu Salem
- Mahresult.nic.in MSBSHSE HSC Results 2017: www.mahresult.nic.in 2017 Maharashtra Board HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Exam Result 2017 declared
- WATCH: 'Remove Jhijhak Ki Patti', Gautam Gambhir kick-starts inspirational campaign for Indian soldiers
- LIVE: Ind vs Ban, ICC CT 2017: Karthik, Pandya guide India to 324 against Bangladesh
- After Uzma's return, now couple from Hyderabad pleads Sushma to save daughter stuck in Pak
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two Exam Results 2017, Orissa Class 12 Examination Results 2017 to be declared within minutes