The wounded have been taken to the Pratappur Hospital and immediate treatment has been given to them.
Naxals opened fire on police near Munga forest and tried to escape when police surrounded them.
On 24 June, information began to be received that a heavy exchange of fire was on between Naxals and a combined party comprising of Special Task Force (STF) and District Reserve Guards (DRG) of Police in Tondamarka in Sukma.
A police jawan injured in an encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district succumbed to injuries on Sunday.
The CAF jawan is currently admitted in the district`s hospital for treatment.
A joint operation against the Maoists is ongoing in the state where police is claiming to have killed 15-20 Maoists. Nine Maoists have been arrested during the operations.
Manthir Singh Dhruv hanged himself in his home in Mokha village under Komakhan police station limits yesterday, a local police official told PTI.
A police jawan was killed by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said today.
A woman was crushed to death when she was run over by a speeding truck in Chhattisgarh`s Jagdalpur on Tuesday.
The anti-insurgency operation was carried out by a joint team of BSF and the Special Task Force of Chhattisgarh Police.
As many as 13 Maoists, 11 of them allegedly involved in the Burkapal attack on CRPF personnel in April this year, were arrested from three separate places in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district on Monday.
The incident took place in the forest area, located 12 km south of the main town.
Senior tribal leader from Chhattisgarh and ex-parliamentarian Nand Kumar Sai in February assumed charge as chairman of the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes.
A 55-year-old woman was allegedly killed by her son on the suspicion that she practised `black magic' in Raipur on Wednesday.
The Naxals were arrested from Sukma`s Chintagufa and Fulbagdi areas.
A passenger bus in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district was set on fire. No casualties were reported.
Presidential elections will be held on July 17 and counting will take place on July 20.
Fifteen Naxalites who were killed last month in anti-Naxal operation in Sukma were members of the People's Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA), said Devendra Chouhan; Inspector General (IG), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), on Thursday.
Senior Odisha BJP leader and Oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan has requested Union Water Resources minister Uma Bharti to advice Chattisgarh government to ensure free flow of water in Mahanandi river.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Amit Shah arrived in Chahhttisgarh on a three-day visit eyeing the crucial SC/ST votes ahead of next year's assembly elections.
Expressing grief over the deaths of five farmers in violent protests in Madhya Pradesh's Mandsaur district, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Wednesday said innocent farmers are being used for political motives.
An exchange of fire took place between police and Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district yesterday.
A Naxalite was on Sunday gunned down in an exchange of fire with security personnel at a forest in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said.
Thirteen Maoists, including some involved in the April massacre of CRPF troopers, were arrested on Thursday.
Growing up in Chhattisgarh's Naxalite-affected Dantewada district, Namrata Jain had one dream -- of joining the civil services.
At least 13 Naxals were arrested by security forces from Chintalnar and Chintagufa areas, in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday.
Nandini KR, an officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), has topped the prestigious Civil services examination.
An encounter, which was underway between security forces and Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur since Wednesday morning, ended without any casualties.
Naxals torched a bus after asking passengers to alight in Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur district while seven rebels were arrested on Tuesday following a face-off with police in a nearby area, an official said today.
- Maharashtra: Video of man being hacked to death in suspected gang war goes viral
- DNA: US lists Pak among countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- US keeps Pakistan on list of countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- This is what Ram Nath Kovind said after winning Presidential Poll - Watch
- Monsoon showers in Delhi-NCR cause waterlogging, traffic jams in many areas
- Ram Nath Kovind wins Presidential Election
- Earthquake hits Greece and Turkey: At least two dead, over 100 injured
- Zee Media launches Zee Salaam for Urdu audience
- DNA: Analysing whether right to privacy is fundamental or not
- Commandos deployed for safety of Kanwar Yatra
- J&K: Cloudburst hits Doda district; casualties reported
- DNA: Analysis of water conservation by Israel
- DNA: Non Stop News
- Encounter between police and miscreants in Ghaziabad, one arrested
- AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal accused of molesting a woman
- Kangana Ranaut severely injured during 'Manikarnika' shoot, rushed to hospital
- 'Expelled' from Congress, Shankersinh Vaghela heaps praise on RSS
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur's sensational six in BBL that even left Adam Gilchrist awestruck
- Presidential Election 2017 Results: The states where Meira Kumar got more votes than Ram Nath Kovind
- WATCH: Fuming Harmanpreet Kaur leaves Deepti Sharma in tears after committing to suicidal run against Australia
- Ram Nath Kovind vs Meira Kumar: Here is how states voted in Presidential Election 2017
- Doklam stand-off: This is how India is countering China at the border
- WATCH: Skipper Mithali Raj, Veda Krishnamurthy celebrate Harmanpreet Kaur's epic knock in style
- Caught on cam: Goons brutally thrash couple in UP's Maharajgang, circulate video
- Maharashtra horror: Goon butchered in Dhule, CCTV footage goes viral - Watch
- Doklam Impasse: India should not engage China in ''tit for tat'' response, says Shyam Saran
- India will surely lose if it engages with China militarily, warns Chinese daily on Dokalam row
- Search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 uncovers hidden undersea world
- Have fertility problems? This app helps Kashmiri woman get pregnant after 7 years
- Who was Subedar Taanaji Malusare? Know why Ajay Devgn's 'Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior' is important