Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) planted randomly in forests and places where frequent de- mining operations are not feasible pose a big challenge in the counter-insurgency operations in Chhattisgarh's Bastar division, says a senior police official
The wounded have been taken to the Pratappur Hospital and immediate treatment has been given to them.
Naxals opened fire on police near Munga forest and tried to escape when police surrounded them.
On 24 June, information began to be received that a heavy exchange of fire was on between Naxals and a combined party comprising of Special Task Force (STF) and District Reserve Guards (DRG) of Police in Tondamarka in Sukma.
A police jawan injured in an encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district succumbed to injuries on Sunday.
The CAF jawan is currently admitted in the district`s hospital for treatment.
A joint operation against the Maoists is ongoing in the state where police is claiming to have killed 15-20 Maoists. Nine Maoists have been arrested during the operations.
Manthir Singh Dhruv hanged himself in his home in Mokha village under Komakhan police station limits yesterday, a local police official told PTI.
A police jawan was killed by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said today.
A woman was crushed to death when she was run over by a speeding truck in Chhattisgarh`s Jagdalpur on Tuesday.
The anti-insurgency operation was carried out by a joint team of BSF and the Special Task Force of Chhattisgarh Police.
As many as 13 Maoists, 11 of them allegedly involved in the Burkapal attack on CRPF personnel in April this year, were arrested from three separate places in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district on Monday.
The incident took place in the forest area, located 12 km south of the main town.
Senior tribal leader from Chhattisgarh and ex-parliamentarian Nand Kumar Sai in February assumed charge as chairman of the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes.
A 55-year-old woman was allegedly killed by her son on the suspicion that she practised `black magic' in Raipur on Wednesday.
The Naxals were arrested from Sukma`s Chintagufa and Fulbagdi areas.
A passenger bus in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district was set on fire. No casualties were reported.
Presidential elections will be held on July 17 and counting will take place on July 20.
Fifteen Naxalites who were killed last month in anti-Naxal operation in Sukma were members of the People's Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA), said Devendra Chouhan; Inspector General (IG), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), on Thursday.
Senior Odisha BJP leader and Oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan has requested Union Water Resources minister Uma Bharti to advice Chattisgarh government to ensure free flow of water in Mahanandi river.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Amit Shah arrived in Chahhttisgarh on a three-day visit eyeing the crucial SC/ST votes ahead of next year's assembly elections.
Expressing grief over the deaths of five farmers in violent protests in Madhya Pradesh's Mandsaur district, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Wednesday said innocent farmers are being used for political motives.
An exchange of fire took place between police and Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district yesterday.
A Naxalite was on Sunday gunned down in an exchange of fire with security personnel at a forest in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said.
Thirteen Maoists, including some involved in the April massacre of CRPF troopers, were arrested on Thursday.
Growing up in Chhattisgarh's Naxalite-affected Dantewada district, Namrata Jain had one dream -- of joining the civil services.
At least 13 Naxals were arrested by security forces from Chintalnar and Chintagufa areas, in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday.
Nandini KR, an officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), has topped the prestigious Civil services examination.
An encounter, which was underway between security forces and Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur since Wednesday morning, ended without any casualties.
Naxals torched a bus after asking passengers to alight in Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur district while seven rebels were arrested on Tuesday following a face-off with police in a nearby area, an official said today.
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Watch: Heavy rains cause flood-like situation in various parts of country
- UP government wants 'VIP' lanes at toll plazas
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- Security forces kill one terrorist in J&K's Machel Sector
- Watch: Vegetable sellers deploy gunmen for security of tomatoes in Indore
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Hooligans and police clash in Jewar, Greater Noida; 4 arrested, 2 absconding
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- VTU Results: Visvesvaraya Technological University VTU 8th sem results declared, check @ vtu.ac.in
- 45-year-old Chinese woman skips breakfast for eight years, develops 200 gallstones
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Ram Mandir should be constructed within legal framework: BJP chief Amit Shah
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- India vs England, ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, Final: Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time, Venue
- Thor: Ragnarok TRAILER will blow your mind away! WATCH
- Mumbai: Woman biker crushed to death while avoiding a pothole, probe ordered
- Canadian PM Trudeau goes 'desi, offers prayers in Indian attire to mark 10th anniversary of BAPS temple
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA