The deceased has been identified as Madan Bhaskar, husband of village sarpanch Laxmi Bhaskar.
In yet another incident, a woman in Chhattisgarh delivered a child in an open ground as the primary health centre had not opened for the day.
While relatives claimed the children died due to irregular oxygen supply, health officials denied the charge and claimed the deaths were because of different reasons.
Those suspended include the department's deputy directors in Durg and Bemetara and seven veterinarians.
The cows died due to starvation in the gaushala.
"The Bastar police has been shortlisted for the community policing award in the homeland security category for 'Amcho Bastar, Amcho Police' campaign, which in tribal dialect means 'our Bastar, our police'," Shaikh told PTI.
Eight villagers have been arrested in connection with the clash between a mob and police personnel in Bemetara district in Chhattisgarh on Wednesday, wherein 16 police personnel had got injured.
The security personnel was returning after a night patrol was undertaken by STF and Reserve Police men when Maoists lying in ambush near Paria forest area triggered the blast around 3 pm.
Authorities have ordered an inquiry into a recent incident involving two Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) officers, wherein they allegedly molested girl students of a state-run residential school during a cultural programme ahead of Raksha Bandhan in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district.
Police have arrested a CRPF constable and identified another jawan in connection with the alleged molestation of girl students of a state-run residential school during a cultural programme in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district.
As per the maoist documents recovered recently from Bastar region, naxals are now trying to set up their new base in this tri-junction region.
The performance of both the DIG-rank officers were reviewed after completion of their 15 years in service and they were found to be unfit to continue, the official said.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will be on the two-day visit to Chhattisgarh from tomorrow during which he will interact with various party leaders of the state.
The police officer claimed that in their statements, all the ultras expressed disappointment over the hollow ideology of the outlawed Naxal movement and violence.
Over 300 armed Maoists attacked a 99-member CRPF unit providing security cover to road construction workers in Sukma district in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar region on April 24, killing 25 personnel and leaving six others injured.
Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) planted randomly in forests and places where frequent de- mining operations are not feasible pose a big challenge in the counter-insurgency operations in Chhattisgarh's Bastar division, says a senior police official
The wounded have been taken to the Pratappur Hospital and immediate treatment has been given to them.
Naxals opened fire on police near Munga forest and tried to escape when police surrounded them.
On 24 June, information began to be received that a heavy exchange of fire was on between Naxals and a combined party comprising of Special Task Force (STF) and District Reserve Guards (DRG) of Police in Tondamarka in Sukma.
A police jawan injured in an encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district succumbed to injuries on Sunday.
The CAF jawan is currently admitted in the district`s hospital for treatment.
A joint operation against the Maoists is ongoing in the state where police is claiming to have killed 15-20 Maoists. Nine Maoists have been arrested during the operations.
Manthir Singh Dhruv hanged himself in his home in Mokha village under Komakhan police station limits yesterday, a local police official told PTI.
A police jawan was killed by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said today.
A woman was crushed to death when she was run over by a speeding truck in Chhattisgarh`s Jagdalpur on Tuesday.
The anti-insurgency operation was carried out by a joint team of BSF and the Special Task Force of Chhattisgarh Police.
As many as 13 Maoists, 11 of them allegedly involved in the Burkapal attack on CRPF personnel in April this year, were arrested from three separate places in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district on Monday.
The incident took place in the forest area, located 12 km south of the main town.
Senior tribal leader from Chhattisgarh and ex-parliamentarian Nand Kumar Sai in February assumed charge as chairman of the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes.
A 55-year-old woman was allegedly killed by her son on the suspicion that she practised `black magic' in Raipur on Wednesday.
- Chandigarh roads flood with monsoon water, 112 mm rains in 3 hours
- Congress hails Supreme Court's judgement against triple talaq
- End of triple talaq will grant equality to Muslim women, says PM Modi
- PM Modi meets 13 Chief Ministers of BJP governed states
- SC grants bail to Lt Col Purohit in Malegaon blast case
- President Ram Nath Kovind presents National Flag to Ladakh's Scout Battalion
- Public, private sector should work together in healthcare sector, says FM Arun Jaitley
- Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC) poll results 2017: As it happened
- Solar Eclipse 2017: Will Surya Grahan be visible in India?
- Supreme Court bars triple talaq, calls it 'unconstitutional'
- Delhi police arrests Siddharth Mehrotra, the thief who targeted netas, businessman to fund his luxurious life
- Doklam standoff: If Chinese troops enter India, there will be "utter chaos", says Beijing
- Survival is a distant dream for Assam man who has to go through life with 59-inch stomach
- SC sets aside triple talaq, terms it void and unconstitutional: As it happened
- This man’s funny pose and hilarious Twitter reactions will leave you in splits
- Beijing is back with a new anti-India video, wants to 'strengthen trust and manage disputes'
- August 21 total solar eclipse: Watch as ISS photo-bombed the sun and many more magical moments!
- Annabelle Creation: Woman screams in horror after watching spooky film – See VIDEO
- AIADMK merger: As it happened
- Disha Patani's oops moment at LFW averted, thanks to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff!
- When Aishwarya Rai had agreed to work with former boyfriend Salman Khan
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa