Nisaba, also called Nisa is currently Executive Director of Godrej Consumer Products.
New Delhi: Veteran industrialist Adi Godrej has handed over the baton of Godrej Group flagship firm Godrej Consumer Products to his daughter Nisaba, who at 39 years is among the youngest women to head a large-sized Indian firm.
Adi Godrej, 75, will become Chairman Emeritus after leading the company for 17 years.
- Nisaba, also called Nisa is currently Executive Director of Godrej Consumer Products
- She will assume the new role of Executive Chairperson on May 10, 2017
- Nisaba is the second among three children of Adi Godrej.
- Her elder sister Tanya Dubash is Executive Director and Chief Brand Officer of the Godrej Group, while younger brother Pirojsha Godrej is the Executive Chairman of Godrej Properties.
- In the last decade, Nisaba has played key role in GCPL's strategy and transformation and has served on the GCPL Board of Directors since 2011.
- She was the brain behind the company's Project Leapfrog initiated in 2007 under which GCPL accelerated domestic organic growth through innovation and consolidation and at the same time went global by investing in emerging markets outside of India.
- Nisaba has also been credited with institutionalising design-driven thinking in the company and she directly leads product development.
- She has also been hands on in identifying and developing in-house talent for the group with an oversight of the Group HR function for Godrej Industries and associate companies.
- Nisaba's previous assignments within the Godrej Group include successful turnaround of Godrej Agrovet and the creation of a group strategy function to oversee the group's portfolio.
- She has graduated from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and has done her MBA from Harvard Business School
- Nisaba is married to Kalpesh Mehta, a real estate entrepreneur and has a son named Zoran.
With PTI Inputs