AB de Villiers turns 33: Watch one of the greatest ever run-outs by Superman of modern-day cricket
The Superman of Cricket holds the record for fastest 50 (16 balls), 100 (31 balls) and 150 (64 balls) in one-day internationals.
New Delhi: AB De Villiers, widely regarded as one of the most destructive batsmen in world cricket, turns 33 today. Also known as modern-day cricket's Superman, the stylish right-hander is regarded as one of South Africa's best batsman ever and he has proved it by holding many batting records in international cricket.
He is called Mr. 360° because of his ability to hit the ball over the boundary anywhere in the field. May it be hitting a monstrous six over behind the square or over the third man, he has done it all.
The Superman of Cricket holds the record for fastest 50 (16 balls), 100 (31 balls) and 150 (64 balls) in an ODI. He has also hit the most number of sixes in an ODI innings (16 sixes) and he is also the fastest player to reach 8000 ODI runs.
Apart from his terrific batting performances, AB is also a live wire on the field.
This incredible run-out by him against Australia is completely etched in every cricket fan's mind.
South Africa was hosting Australia at St George's Park and Adam Gilchrist and Simon Katich were set on the field. It was during Andrew Hall's over, when South Africa got rid off Katich, thanks to the extraordinary effort from de Villiers.
Katich hit the ball to mid-off and rushed for a single, AB dived and threw the ball to the bowler's end while rolling on the ground, much to the disbelief of his team-mates and Katich.
The explosive batsman makes every match an interesting one to watch with his ability to sail balls over the rope. His unique technique and completely unorthodox style of play has even impressed the great Sachin Tendulkar, who also wished him on his birthday.
When it comes to unorthodox shots, very few people can ace it like @ABdeVilliers17. Happy birthday Mr. 360°, have a splendid one!
— sachin tendulkar (@sachin_rt) February 17, 2017
Having missed international cricket due to his struggle with injuries lately, de Villiers was back in South Africa's limited-overs squad for the series against Sri Lanka. Since his return, he has already hit three fifties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!