India-Pakistan relations: Not just cricket, Gautam Gambhir demands complete boycott
I believe we should not have any ties or relationship with Pakistan, said Gambhir.
New Delhi: Cricketing ties between India and Pakistan have been virtually stopped following the Uri attack that killed 19 Indian soldiers. Since then there have been subsequent fights on the Indo-Pak border, particularly the surgical strikes carried out by the Indian army.
In the wake of the sour relations between the two nations, BCCI chief also said no to a bilateral cricket series with Pakistan.
Other than the disruption in sporting ties between the neigbouring countries, Paksitani artistes's participation in any sort of manner in India has also been of huge debate with Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' being the biggest victim.
Now, Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir has also voiced his opinion on the most talked about topic.
In the wake of the recent diplomatic tensions between India and Pakistan, Gambhir said he is completely against playing the troubled neighbouring country until and unless they stop killing innocent Indians across the border.
In an interview with NDTV, Gambhir said, "Not at all. I cannot think about playing Pakistan. Life of people of this country is far more important than any sports or any other thing," the left-handed opener said.
"I am talking as an Indian and not as as a cricketer. For me it is very important to protect out people," Gambhir concluded.
Gambhir, isn't just talking about ending sporting ties with India's neighboring country but rather end all relationships with them. In other words, a complete boycott.
The Delhi-born batsman isn't the only sportsmen or celebrity to voice out his opinion on the subject. Sourav Ganguly, Irfan Pathan, Parthiv Patel also backed BCCI's decision to stop pursuing cricketing /sporting ties with Pakistan until situation improves.
Pakistan Kabaddi team also became the victim of the scenario after they were excluded from the on-going Kabaddi World Cup in India.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers