Ishant Sharma marriage: Here's everything you need to know about India pacer's would-be wife
It's rumoured that Ishant and Pratima's romance blossomed on the basketball court-side of DDA Sports Complex, in Delhi's Vasant Kunj.
New Delhi: Ishant Sharma, who is returning to the India Test squad after battling chikungunya, is likely to get married next month, on December 9.
Here's everything you need to know about the 28-year-old right-arm fast-medium-pacer's would-be wife.
1. First thing first, her is name is Pratima Singh and is a India international herself, having represented the country in various basketball tournaments and multi-sporting events.
2. The 26-year-old is one of the five Singh Sisters, who all have played basketball for India. Her family is known as the "Basketball Family of India" from Varanasi.
3. Divya, Prashanti, Akanksha and Priyanka are her sisters. Prashanti is the current captain of Indian women's team, while Priyanka has become a basketball coach.
4. Pratima is the youngest of the five siblings. She is 5'9".
5. Pratima is shooting guard. In common parlance, it means, she usually is the star of the team, scoring points. Some of the most famous players are SG, like Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson. Yes, she also swings as small forward.
6. She is a product of Jesus and Mary College, and captained Delhi University team. She took part in the 2010 Guangzhou Asian Games, and other FIBA championships.
7. And her family is not all about female sport-stars. Vikrant Solanki, youngest of the family, is a junior I-League, having already played for Hindustan FC U-19s in 2014. He also turned for Delhi in Santosh Trophy.
8. It's rumoured that Ishant and Pratima's romance blossomed on the basketball court-side of DDA Sports Complex, in Delhi's Vasant Kunj.
9. But it all reportedly started when Ishant turned up as a chief guest for RIBA league in 2011.
10. They got engaged on June 19.