Karachi: Pakistan Test skipper Misbah-ul-Haq has rubbished reports of his retirement from international cricket post the upcoming Australia tour.
The 42-year-old, who missed the second Test against New Zealand after being given a one-match suspension by the ICC for his side's slow over rate during the first Test, said that he would continue to play cricket till the time his team needs him.
"I will continue to play for Pakistan until my team needs me and there are no issues with my fitness level as I am quite fit," the Dawn quoted Misbah as saying.
Earlier, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Shahryar Khan had urged Misbah to carry on playing at least until 2018.
"Though Misbah is independent to decide about his future, the PCB has suggested him to continue till 2018," the PCB chairman had said.
Last month, Misbah had said he would consider retirement after the conclusion of the series in New Zealand and Australia.
After suffering a shocking defeat against New Zealand at Hamilton, where Pakistan lost nine wickets in one session, the team will be up against Australia next. The two teams will play three Tests and five ODIs. The first match is scheduled to begin from December 15.