close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

New Zealand cricketer Scott Kuggeleijn ruled out of selection due to rape trial

The Kiwi cricketer has hence removed himself from national team selection as New Zealand A gears up to play Pakistan.

New Zealand cricketer Scott Kuggeleijn ruled out of selection due to rape trial

New Delh: Promising all-rounder Scott Kuggeleijn is scheduled to undergo rape trial in February, 2017 following an incident that took place last year.

The Kiwi cricketer has hence removed himself from national team selection as New Zealand A gears up to play Pakistan.

The NZ A side is scheduled to make squad announcement today and as per stuff.co.nz, a New Zealand Cricket statement said that "under normal circumstances" Kuggeleijn's name would have been included.

The 24-year-old reportedly has asked the selection committee to keep him out of contention until the February event's result is concluded.

"He believes any potential selection in a New Zealand team at any level prior to this event would likely be a significant distraction for him and the game itself – which is not a situation he desires," the New Zealand Cricket statement said.

"New Zealand Cricket agrees with his assessment and concerns, and has granted the request. He is therefore unavailable for selection."

NZ A lock horns with Pakistan from November 11-13.

Kuggelejin has 147 FC wickets to his name and has a batting average of 31.88.

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions