Virat Kohli, apart from being a prolific run-scorer, is also a great student – Here's the proof!
Time and again, Virat Kohli has mentioned his coach Rajkumar Sharma's contribution in making him the cricketer he is today.
New Delhi: India's limited-overs skipper Virat Kohli is undoubtedly one of the most consistent batsmen in world cricket at the moment. After dominating limited-overs cricket in the first half of the year, Kohli began the long home season in Tests on a great note by becoming the only Indian cricketer to score two double centuries as captain.
Kohli has added millions of fans to his already existing base with some back-to-back power-packed performances this year. Cricket experts, as well as journalists, have fallen short of words to describe his run-scoring spree.
From being a promising Delhi batsman, to becoming one of the most dominating batsmen in world cricket, Kohli's journey is an inspiration for several cricketers. But apart from being a great competitor on the field, the stylish right-hander is also a great student.
Time and again, Kohli has mentioned his coach Rajkumar Sharma's contribution in making him the cricketer he is today. Kohli made his 'Guru' emotional on the occasion of Teacher's Day in 2014.
Veteran sports journalist Vijay Lokapally has narrated the incident in his recently published book 'Driven'. Rajukumar was left emotional after his student sent a special gift for him.
The author wrote:"I answered the bell and found Vikas (Kohli's elder brother) at the door," said Raj Kumar.
"His brother's arrival at his house so early in the day was cause for concern. Vikas stepped into the house, dialled a number and handed his cell phone to Raj Kumar. 'Happy teacher's Day Sir,' said Virat, even as Vikas thrust something into Rajkumar's palms -- a bunch of keys.
"Rajkumar stood perplexed as Vikas requested him to step out of his house. A gleaming Skoda Rapid was parked at the gate -- a gift from Virat to his mentor."
"It was not merely because he had gifted me the car. It was because of his emotional touch to the process of reminding me how much he treasured our association, and valued the role of a teacher in his life."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters