Former American football player Eddie George will make his Broadway debut in "Chicago" next year. The sportsman will play Billy Flynn in the musical for seven weeks from January 11, reported Washington Post.
"Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" will be a sequel to the original series and set 19 years after the end of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".
Pop sensation Lady Gaga was feted at the National Art awards and hailed the honour the "best thing that's ever happened" to her.
She has earned many plaudits in her celebrated career and actress Kate Winslet now has a goal to venture into Broadway.
This year's Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival (MFF) will bring together contemporary Bollywood stars such as Alia Bhatt, Parineeti Chopra, Kriti Sanon, Aditya Roy Kapur, Ayushmann Khurrana and Arjun Kapoor to discuss about the changing paradigm of the industry.
The stage is set and the date is locked for the timeless classic "Beauty and the Beast" to come to life in India with its maiden Broadway show here. And Oscar-winning music composer-pianist Alan Menken will be attending the premiere of the live stage musical here on October 21.
Noted Marathi writer Pradnya Pawar today said she was returning all her literary awards and prize money totaling Rs 1.13 lakh to the state government to protest the "culture of intolerance" in the country today.
Eminent Punjabi writer and Padma Shri winner Dalip Kaur Tiwana today decided to return her award protesting "recurrent atrocities" on Muslims in the country as another Kannada writer joined authors giving up their Sahitya Akademi Awards against "growing intolerance".
Noted Kashmiri writer and poet Ghulam Nabi Khayal has joined the bandwagon of authors returning their Sahitya Akademi awards, saying the minorities in the country today feel "unsafe and threatened".
Jodhpur's Rajasthan International Folk Festival will present its ninth edition during October 23-27.
Amrita Sher-Gil's self-potrait breaks all records, has been sold for $2.92 million in Sotheby’s New York auction.
Led by Sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan and his sons, Amaan and Ayaan Ali Khan, a group of Indian artists enthralled art lovers with their mesmerising performances at the prestigious Kennedy Center here over the weekend.
The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures is now targeting a spring 2018 opening, a delay of several months due to planning details. Last month, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences reached an agreement with Fix the City, an advocacy group with concerns about the impact of the museum on the mid-Wilshire neighborhood, reported Variety.
The gold bikini worn by Carrie Fisher's Princess Leia in "Star Wars Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi" and the flying ship from the first film "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope" was sold at a record sum at the "Star Wars" memorabilia auction.
The third edition of North East Festival is all set to kickstart here from October 16 with a focus on promoting and boosting tourism in the region.
A painting and a drawing attributed to Spanish painter Francisco de Goya have been stolen from a private home in Madrid, investigators said on Saturday.
Author JK Rowling has revealed that the forthcoming play, "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child", will be staged in two parts.
A Picasso painting stolen nearly fourteen years ago was finally returned to its rightful home on Thursday in Paris's Pompidou Centre.
In good news for art lovers, an upcoming auction by private auction house ArtDeal will display masters like F.N. Souza, S.H. Raza, M.F. Husain and many more.
- Donald Trump defends Charlottesville response, threatens shutdown for Mexico wall
- J&K: School in Udhampur shut since Aug 15 due to absence of teachers
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Date, Time, Venue, Squads
- Uttar Pradesh: Man gets 10 yrs in jail for abducting, raping girl
- Narendra Dabholkar, Govind Pansare killings well planned, linked: Bombay High Court
- I do films that appeal to the human side of me: Hrithik Roshan
- After Mayawati, now Sonia Gandhi not to attend Lalu Prasad Yadav's anti-BJP rally
- 19-year-old national-level wrestler Vishal Kumar dies of electrocution at Ranchi stadium
- Know how much your EMI will be after RBI cuts interest rates!
- News@4: Govt in talks with Jaypee, banks to finish remaining 40% work
- Gautam Singhania talks about property dispute
- 32,000 home buyers suffer post Jaypee Infratech insolvency
- Yogi Adityanath to meet bank officials in Noida after investors turn violent
- Team India wins second test match against Sri Lanka
- Alert! Banks to remain closed for 4 straight days; ATMs likely to run out of cash
- Lunar Eclipse 2017: Check out Chandra Grahan and Sutak timings
- Government deactivates 11 lakh PAN cards: Here's how to find out your status
- Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC) poll results 2017: As it happened
- Blue Whale challenge targets another teenager: Class 7 Indore student jumps off from school building
- BRICS Meeting: GST lauded by heads of revenue in China
- Will Priyanka Gandhi be the new Congress Working President?
- Chandigarh roads flood with monsoon water, 112 mm rains in 3 hours
- End of triple talaq will grant equality to Muslim women, says PM Modi
- Congress hails Supreme Court verdict on triple talaq
- PM Modi meets 13 Chief Ministers of BJP governed states
- Watch: Asaduddin Owaisi's opinion about Supreme Court verdict on triple talaq
- Businessman kidnapped near police station in Udaipur - Watch
- DNA: Analysing of a video of kid being treated cruelly while studying
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, many injured
- US President Donald Trump slams Pakistan over terror safe havens
- Malegaon blast case: Lt Colonel Purohit out on bail after 9 year
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim rape case verdict: High alert in two states
- DNA: Today In History, August 22, 2017
- DNA: Analysis on Muslim women who got freedom from Triple Talaq after 70 years
- Triple Talaq verdict: These five women fought to abolish the practise
- DNA: Non Stop News, August 22, 2017
- Supreme Court bars triple talaq, calls it 'unconstitutional'
- Doklam standoff: If Chinese troops enter India, there will be "utter chaos", says Beijing
- Delhi police arrests Siddharth Mehrotra, the thief who targeted netas, businessman to fund his luxurious life
- Do you have a clue about the weather on Mars? This is how it is
- SC sets aside triple talaq, terms it void and unconstitutional: As it happened
- Rajiv Gandhi had overturned SC's verdict on Shah Bano case, now Rahul welcomes triple talaq judgement – How Congress has transitioned
- Past is past, MS Dhoni can't play till he wants: Gautam Gambhir
- When Aishwarya Rai had agreed to work with former boyfriend Salman Khan
- August 21 total solar eclipse: Watch as ISS photo-bombed the sun and many more magical moments!
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu offers to quit over train accidents; PM Modi asks him to wait
- Annabelle Creation: Woman screams in horror after watching spooky film – See VIDEO
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh rape trial: Over 10 lakh Dera followers expected to gather, Punjab, Haryana on high alert
- 10 coaches of Delhi-bound Kaifiyat Express derails in UP, at least 80 injured
- 2008 Malegaon blast accused Lt Col Prasad Shrikant Purohit released from Taloja Jail
- AIADMK merger: As it happened