To preserve the centuries old theatre art form of Koodiyattam, a recently launched crowdfunding campaign seeks to fund the training of a new generation of artists in the art form.
An established UK charity named Arts for India has announced that popular screen icon Vanessa Redgrave will be honoured during the Golden Gala on Wednesday, May 31, 2017, at the iconic London landmark, BAFTA.
Noted India sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik hails from the eastern land of Bhubaneswar, Odisha. His marvellous craft is world famous and he has been awarded several times for his immense contribution in the respective field of art.
Veteran actress Shabana Azmi remembered her father Kaifi Azmi as "a rare poet" on his 15th death anniversary.
Acid attack survivor Ritu Saini walked the ramp as a showstopper for designer Disha Chadha at the Asian Designer Week 2017 here on Saturday.
These Feluda lovers are on a hunt. Not for kidnappers or killers, though. They are searching for auteur Satyajit Ray's Oscar on his birthday.
Hanuman's saga is, of course, all too well known. Hanuman tales have entertained and educated civilisations for centuries.
May 1, also known as the May Day marks the traditional spring festival in some countries which is counted as a public holiday where people indulge in many day-long activities such as dancing, cake-making etc. In the 19th century or so May Day was selected as the date marking the International Workers' Day by the Socialists and Communists of the Second International to commemorate the Haymarket affair in Chicago.
Baahubali, the mighty warrior, has felled a new victim ? the iconic Shiela Cinema, which is the latest single screen theatre in Delhi to shut down.
The 1977 blockbuster -- an escapist adage on unity and brotherhood -- known for its non-stop entertainment right from the word go and the iconic Anthony Gonsalves played by Big B, all this is now part of the book.
Akshaya Tritiya marks the third day of the Shukla Paksha in the month of Vaishaka in the Hindu calendar which often coincides with April –May according to the Gregorian calendar.
In a great move to open bright future avenues for acid attack survivors, a welcome initiative has been taken by team Stop Acid Attacks (Chhanv Foundation), Vikas Malani-Founder, Body Canvas Tattoos & Piercings.
Robert M Pirsig, whose novel "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" became a million- selling classic after more than 100 publishers turned it down, has died.
Titled ‘One Part Woman’, the translation in English is done by Aniruddhan Vasudevan and the book is published by Penguin.
Titled ‘Atma Rati,’ it was performed by award winning classical dancer, Dimple Kaur and presented by Sumangali Institute of Valuable Arts (SIVA).
Trained in Indian and Western classical music and known for rapid playing on the piano, Adnan is popular for hit non-film songs like ‘Kabhi to nazar milao’, ‘Bheegi bheegi raaton mein’ and ‘Tera chehra’.
Rongali or the Bohag (spring) Bihu starts on the last day of the Assamese calendar month of Chot, which normally falls on April 13 or 14 annually. The first day is known as Goru Bihu and it is dedicated to the cattle.
On Vishu, people take the Kani Darshanam soon after waking up.
Many people invite a priest to conduct a Ganesh-Lakshmi Puja at home to initiate new beginnings. Some businessmen also open a new book of accounts on this day.
New Year symbolises new beginning and hence Tamil people begin the day by looking at the Kani to embark upon a new journey with goodness in abundance.
- Hackers threaten to leak 'Games of Thrones' season 7 finale
- No biscuits in the dressing room, says Sri Lanka team manager’s unique approach to keeping players fit
- Rajasthan: No toilet at home, court grants divorce to 24-year-old woman
- August 21 total solar eclipse: Scientists to be on the look-out for sunspots
- Miami: Mall in lockdown amid reports of 'active shooter'
- Rajiv Gandhi's 73rd birth anniversary today; Sonia, Rahul pay floral tributes to former PM
- Jese Rodriguez sinks Arsenal; Manchester United hit four again
- Watch to know specifications of Reliance's cheapest smartphone
- 19-year-old national-level wrestler Vishal Kumar dies of electrocution at Ranchi stadium
- Know how much your EMI will be after RBI cuts interest rates!
- News@4: Govt in talks with Jaypee, banks to finish remaining 40% work
- Gautam Singhania talks about property dispute
- 32,000 home buyers suffer post Jaypee Infratech insolvency
- Yogi Adityanath to meet bank officials in Noida after investors turn violent
- Alert! Banks to remain closed for 4 straight days; ATMs likely to run out of cash
- Lunar Eclipse 2017: Check out Chandra Grahan and Sutak timings
- Government deactivates 11 lakh PAN cards: Here's how to find out your status
- Blue Whale challenge targets another teenager: Class 7 Indore student jumps off from school building
- BRICS Meeting: GST lauded by heads of revenue in China
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur's sensational six in BBL that even left Adam Gilchrist awestruck
- 'Expelled' from Congress, Shankersinh Vaghela heaps praise on RSS
- Watch: Truck driver pulls break on time to avoid accident; saves 3 lives
- Shocking! Manager pulls lady staff's saree in 5-star hotel; sacks her later
- Pak High Commission behind terror funding in J&K: Zahoor Watali
- Bihar floods: Chilling footage shows family of three falling to their death after road caves in
- Watch: Tragic images of Barcelona terror attack that killed 13 people
- Teachers force students to convert religion; FIR lodged
- JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA - Watch report
- DNA: Know why the number of engineering colleges are reducing in India
- Gorakhpur: Yogi Adityanath accuses previous govts for deaths of children
- Portal launched for online registration of madrasas in UP
- Vishal Sikka resigns as Infosys MD, CEO
- Indo-ASEAN Youth Summit: A good politician is one who makes sacrifices, says Dr Subhash Chandra
- Kalinga Utkal express derails at UP's Muzaffarnagar
- DNA: Know what's there in the upcoming DSC Show
- DNA: Non Stop News
- Sebaonline.org – Assam HSLC Compartmental Exam Result 2017 announced
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha collections—Akshay Kumar has all the reasons to smile
- Manager harasses woman staff in 5-star hotel, later terminates her- Watch CCTV footage
- RBI introduces new Rs 50 note - Here are the photo, design and other details
- Bihar floods: Family of three washed away in bridge collapse | Watch video
- MP: Man assaults woman at gym, brutally kicks her -Watch video
- Caught on camera: Manager pulls lady staff's saree in 5-star hotel, later sacks her
- Mumbai: Mother strangles son to death to save daughter-in-law
- Aadhaar Card: Here's how to verify your email address, mobile number
- Taking aim at China, India tightens power grid, telecom rules
- 23 dead, many injured as 14 coaches of Utkal Express derail in UP's Khatauli
- WATCH: Virat Kohli loses cool after watching child assault video
- Cricket Australia name ODI, T20I squads for tour of India; recall James Faulkner, Nathan Coulter-Nile
- Riya Sen marries boyfriend Shivam Tiwari in a private ceremony at Pune
- Bareilly ki Barfi movie review: An endearing rom-com worth tasting