The Supreme Court in May 2014 banned the conduct of Jallikattu, traditionally held as part of the four-day Pongal festival in Tamil Nadu.
A Picasso painting stolen nearly fourteen years ago was finally returned to its rightful home on Thursday in Paris's Pompidou Centre.
In good news for art lovers, an upcoming auction by private auction house ArtDeal will display masters like F.N. Souza, S.H. Raza, M.F. Husain and many more.
The Dutch government is planning to allocate $90 million to purchase two paintings by renowned Dutch painter Rembrandt.
Heavily inspired by the lives of actor Guru Dutt and singer Geeta Dutt, Saif Hyder Hasan's critically acclaimed play "Gardish Mein Taare", opens a window into the tumultuous relationship of fictional characters Devdutt Bose and Bhavana Bose who despite being in love can't save their marriage from going awry.
"Coronation Street" star Paula Lane is hoping to encourage young actors and actresses by opening a drama school.
Actress Pamela Anderson is selling off the engagement ring from ex Rick Salomon to benefit her charity foundation.
A painting by F N Souza, one of the founding member of the Indian Progressive Artists' Group, sold for a record over USD 4 million in a Christie's auction in New York, creating a new art record.
Internationally acclaimed sand artist - Sudarsan Pattnaik - who hails from the Indian state of Odisha, has shared images of his art dedicated to Hindu god Lord Ganesha on the auspicious of Ganesh Chaturthi.
Famous across the globe for his sand art, Odisha’s Sudarsan Pattnaik paid tribute to one of India’s legendary arists- MF Husain on his birth centenary.
A commemorative play, "Bullah", based on the life of Bulleh Shah, opened the four-day Pakistan theatre festival "Humsaya" at Kamani auditorium.
"The American Sniper" star Sienna Miller says she "walked away" from a Broadway role after learning she would be paid just half of her male co-star's salary.
A confluence of myriad colours, fabrics, hand-made embroidery and exquisite designs from across the border marked the second day of the 'Shaan-e-Pakistan', a three day fashion and cultural extravaganza in the capital which aims to the bring India and Pakistan closer through fashion, food and music.
Nicole Kidman says her new West End stage role as a scientist is a way of "acknowledging" the work of her biochemist father, who died last year.
Anti-Semitic graffiti will not be cleaned off a giant sculpture at France`s Palace of Versailles after the country`s culture ministry agreed to demands by artist Anish Kapoor that it stay.
A controversial sculpture by artist Anish Kapoor on display in the gardens of France`s Palace of Versailles, which is known as the "queen`s vagina", was vandalised Sunday for the second time.
Stellar performance by actors Anupam Kher and Neena Gupta in the play "Mera Woh Matlab Nahi Tha", has earned them continuous?accolades in 14 major US cities and Toronto and Vancouver in Canada since its first sold out event here on August 7.
Joe McElderry has landed his first major theatrical role in a tour of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".
Pop culture phenomenon SpongeBob Squarepants will make its world premiere stage debut in 2016 at Broadway, in Chicago's Oriental Theatre.
'Manthramkam', one of the rarest segments of India's only surviving Sanskrit theatre tradition 'Kutiyattam', will be staged here for five days from tomorrow.
Three artefacts, which belonged to passengers who survived the tragic 1912 sinking of the Titanic, is up for auction and is likely to fetch around 70,000 dollars.
- Jallikattu: Tamil Nadu's 'Arab Spring' enters third day; Pannerselvam to meet PM Narendra Modi today
- India-United States ties on solid upper trajectory: Envoy India Richard Verma
- Maneka Gandhi writes to Sushma Swaraj to stop entry of foreigners with criminal record of child abuse
- Nikki Haley slams Russia says can't be trusted
- Colombia, ELN rebels agree to peace talks: President
- Posters in Varanasi: Rahul Gandhi as Krishna, Akhilesh Yadav as Arjuna
- Bayern Munich's Xabi Alonso to retire by end of season: Report
- Watch: New video of Russian Ambassador's assassination goes viral
- DNA: Villages in Kargil at 14,000 feet get electricity after 70 years
- Bengaluru shame: CCTV footage of two boys molesting a girl on New Year's eve
- Watch: Car carrying 5 people dragged into the river by high tides in China
- Why is there no action being taken against Imam who issued fatwa against PM Modi?
- PM Modi addresses Digidhan Mela program at Talkatora Stadium, Delhi
- Mulayam Singh Yadav reinducts Akhilesh, Ramgopal into Samajwadi party
- Maharashtra Municipal Elections Results: As it happened
- You can use Reliance Jio 4G services on 2G and 3G smartphones – Know how
- Good news for Airtel customers - Now enjoy free data for three months
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ inching closer to Rs 350 crore mark, creates HISTORY
- This Geeta Phogat real fight will put Dangal to shame — WATCH
- India A vs England XI: 2nd Warm-up Game — As it happened...
- 7-phase polls in UP, 2-phase in Manipur, single phase in Punjab, Goa, Uttarakhand; counting on March 11
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- Killfie - India tops ranking for selfie deaths
- Watch: Heavy snowfall in Kashmir and other hilly areas!
- DNA : What is the reason behind increasing difference between rich and poor?
- PM Narendra Modi makes 14 key points in his speech at Raisina Dialogue - Watch video
- Celebrations in Akhilesh camp after winning 'cycle race'
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt takes Re1 as dowry from wife's family
- 25 children selected for National Bravery Awards 2016
- DNA : Journey of "Sonam Wangchuk", Man who took education to level new heights in Laddakh
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Which is your favourite: Virat Kohli's jab or MS Dhoni's helicopter shot — VIDEO
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Real reason why Election Commission gave 'cycle' to Akhilesh Yadav but not his father Mulayam Singh
- This Kashmiri IAS officer’s Facebook post on `Dangal` girl Zaira Wasim’s situation is going viral – Read here
- Viral video: She was walking wearing sleeveless top and jeans — Know what happened next
- Ludhiana shocker: `They were dying...and people were clicking pictures`
- WATCH: Najibullah Zadran's 'ridiculous shot' which went for a six is killing the Internet