Essel Group turns 90: Highlights of President Pranab Mukherjee's speech
The President congratulated Essel group on completion of its 90 years and on the launch of new initiatives such as WION, Sarthi and DSC Foundation.
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday attended the Essel Group’s 90 years celebrations as the chief guest. The President congratulated Essel group on completion of its 90 years and on the launch of new initiatives such as WION-World is One News, Sarthi and DSC Foundation. He appreciated the spirit of the celebrations i.e. ‘Young at 90'.
Here are the highlights of the speech:
- One should always remain young and look at issues with fresh new perspectives.
- Unlike 90 years ago, the situation in the world is very different today. Information Technology and communication has brought about major changes.
- Technology always has a disruptive impact but if society is ready to accept challenges, it can utilize it well. Thanks to our ingenuity and ability we have absorbed and advanced technology.
- Media has a far-reaching impact and influence on people. Today indeed the world is one. While facts and news remain one, views may be different.
- It is important to maintain objectivity and truthfulness in news. Media must take note of the positive things taking place in day to day life.
- In the next ten years, the Essel Group would be organizing its centenary celebrations. And it should remain young even at 100, remain young forever.