New Delhi: A fire broke out in Supreme Court judge Kurian Joseph's official residence in Lutyens' Delhi, police said on Friday.
A call was received about a fire at Joseph's bungalow around 10 pm on Thursday and two fire tenders were rushed to the spot, said a senior officer from the Delhi Fire Service, adding that it was doused within 25 minutes.
Joseph's bungalow is located on Tughlak Road.
The fire started in the prayer room, located next to the bedroom, a senior police officer said.
A burning candle had fallen on a piece of cloth triggering the fire. After smoke was seen emanating from the room, the police and the fire department were alerted.