Missing JNU student Najeeb Ahmed wanted to join ISIS? Here's what Delhi Police said
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday refuted reports which claimed that missing Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) student Najeeb Ahmad was finding information about terror group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) on his laptop prior to his disappearance.
Talking to media, Delhi Police spokesperson Dependra Pathak that Najeeb`s association with the ISIS has not come up during the probe.
An article in The Times of India had claimed that the Delhi Police has received a report on the browsing history of Najeeb's laptop from Google and YouTube. The daily alleged that the report has revealed that in the months before his disappearance, Najeeb had been searching for information on ISIS and the terror group's ideology, executions, and network. Police have submitted the new details before the Delhi High Court, reported the daily.
"The report that came out in today`s newspaper from Google and YouTube, police has not received any such report. Any association with the ISIS has not come up in Delhi Police`s investigation. With the content of the first para of the newspaper report, there is no submission of the honorable court by the Delhi Police so far in the investigation," he said.
Pathak added that the Delhi Police is making all efforts to get to the bottom of this case and unearth the truth.
"Investigation is on. Massive efforts are being taken on this matter... All angles are being looked upon. We are hopeful that we will bring him safe and secure," he added.
Najeeb, 27, an M.Sc. First Year student, went missing from his JNU hostel on October 14-15 night, allegedly after a row with members of RSS` student wing Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users