Delhi University was calm on Wednesday, a day after thousands of students protested against the ABVP, even as student Gurmehar Kaur, facing rape and death threats, got police security at her hometown Jalandhar in Punjab.
The Delhi government will provide the mid-day meal to students of classes 9 to 12 also in all its girls schools.
Union minister M Venkaiah Naidu today deplored the "opportunistic politics" in the country which is "soft" on terrorism and "hard" on nationalism.
Registering a thumping victory in Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) 2017 polls, the Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) on Wednesday bagged 35 seats.
The country's premier medical institute AIIMS "lacks" facilities which allow smooth access to the physically challenged on its premises, a recent audit conducted by the hospital administration has revealed.
Members of the RSS-backed ABVP today staged a protest outside Delhi Police headquarters demanding that a charge sheet be filed in last year's sedition case against three JNU students.
A plea seeking action against the policemen who had allegedly assaulted students and journalists during the violence at Ramjas college last week has been moved in the Delhi High Court.
The Delhi High Court today cancelled the parole and furlough granted to INLD chief O P Chautala on medical grounds and asked him to "surrender forthwith".
The Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) has suspended two of its activists from primary membership for allegedly attacking All Indian Students Association (AISA) supporters.
The Delhi Police on Wednesday said that a peaceful protest was being carried out by the students in the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
The Delhi Police on Wednesday said the probe in the rape threats to Delhi University student Gurmehar Kaur was being carried out in a professional manner and that some more time would be needed to crack the case.
'Kahat Kabir', organised by Delhi School of Social Work on Tuesday, saw students and teachers from DU coming together to raise the "voice of rebellion".
Delhi Police on Wednesday said a "peaceful protest" was being carried out by students in the JNU here, even as the university authorities alleged in the Delhi High Court that the protesters were blocking the administrative block in the campus.
DU's Ramjas college had last week witnessed widespread violence over cancellation of an invite to JNU students Umar Khalid and Shehla Rashid terming them "anti-nationals".
Two ABVP activists have been arrested here on charges of attacking an AISA member at Delhi University.
The Delhi High Court today dismissed Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's plea seeking details of bank accounts, tax returns and other financial records of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley who has filed a defamation suit against him.
Umar Khalid, Anirban Bhattacharya – were arrested on sedition charges for allegedly raising anti-national slogans at the campus on February 9 – were released from Tihar jail in March 2016.
The accused, Prashant Mishra and Vinayak Sharma, allegedly strangulated AISA activists Raj Singh and Utkarsh Bhardwaj near Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College last evening.
Hundreds of students on Tuesday protested in Delhi University's north campus against the ABVP and urged for peace and freedom of expression.
The Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) on Tuesday accused "outsiders" of vandalism and anti-national propaganda on the Delhi University (DU) campus and questioned the silence of the university's Vice Chancellor over the issue.
Gurmehar Kaur posted a video on Facebook with placards, one of which read: "I am a student of Delhi University. I am not afraid of ABVP. I am not alone. Every student of India is with me."
Delhi University student Gurmehar Kaur, who got death and rape threats after her campaign against the ABVP, has been provided "adequate security", police said on Tuesday.
Delhi Metro commuters who use smart cards get a discount of 10 percent on their journeys.
Even as she announced her withdrawal from the anti-ABVP campaign, Lady Shri Ram College student Gurmehar Kaur on Tuesday got the unequivocal support of her teachers.
Rohini heliport will promote regional air connectivity through helicopters in the northern region.
The Supreme Court today agreed to hear on March 3 the fresh plea of real estate baron Gopal Ansal seeking modification of its verdict asking him to serve the remaining jail term in the Uphaar fire case.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will meet Lt. Governor Anil Baijal on Tuesday afternoon to demand action against the ABVP and those who issued rape threats to a Delhi University student.
Security has been beefed up on Tuesday outside Delhi University`s Arts Faculty in a wake of protest march to be hold by students over the Ramjas college incident.
Delhi University student Gurmehar Kaur had launched a social media campaign against the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad after a spate of violence in Ramjas College in Delhi.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday condemned the recent tussle between Left-affiliated AISA and the RSS-backed ABVP in Delhi University's North Campus and appealed to the students to discuss and come up with a solution.
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- DNA: Indian soldiers shown as superheroes in comic series
- DNA: Are our soldiers upset over the anti-national atmosphere in the country?
- Sedition case: Delhi Police has evidence to charge JNU students Umar Khalid, Anirban
- I&B Minister Venkaiah Naidu targets Rahul Gandhi over tweet on Gurmehar Kaur
- Andhra Pradesh: Bus accident in Krishna district kills 6, many injured
- DNA: Today in History | February 27, 2017
- PM Modi greets Bihar CM Nitish Kumar on his birthday
- AISA supporters stage 'Save DU' flag march; Miranda House students protest against ABVP, AISA
- Specially designed indigenous 'Antimine shoes' to detect land mines
- UP polls: PM Modi to address rallies in Maharajganj and Deoria
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- JNU case: Delhi Police has evidence to nail Umar Khalid, Anirban Bhattacharya, 7 others
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Virender Sehwag breaks silence over viral tweet, says it wasn't meant for Kargil martyr's daughter
- After Yogeshwar Dutt, Phogat family slams Javed Akhtar for 'hardly literate wrestler' jibe
- Note ban: PM Narendra Modi takes a dig at Amartya Sen, says `hard work more powerful than Harvard`
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership subscription at Rs 99 starts from today – Check out the full tariff chart
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Is it right to support someone who doesn't support the nation? Asks Babita Phogat
- DSGMC Elections 2017 Results: SAD (Badal) emerges as clear winner, says Congress, AAP rejected
- Kansas shooting: White House breaks silence days after Indian techie's killing, says `early reports` are disturbing
- David Warner's 'one-word description' of Indian skipper Virat Kohli will make ever Indian proud
- Why Dimple Yadav's speech in which she gave new 'Kasab' acronym is trending – Watch here