Delhi Commission for Women has ordered an enquiry into the alleged attacks on women by policemen during violence at Delhi University's Ramjas college and has issued a notice to Delhi Police.
The Delhi government on Saturday approved an around 37 percent hike in the minimum wages for unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled persons in the national capital.
The JD (U) on Saturday defended Farooq Abdullah`s controversial remark that the youth joining militant ranks are `sacrificing their lives for freedom of the valley`, saying that the former chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir knew the happenings of the state much better than anyone else and there was no reason to doubt his nationalism.
Days after DU's Ramjas college saw violent clashes, a Lady Sri Ram College student who is a Kargil martyr's daughter has initiated a social media campaign, "I am not scared of ABVP", which has gone viral.
Six cartons of liquor were seized from near a boundary wall connecting a school and gurdwara in Vivek Vihar in Shahdara area here, police said today.
Two days after violent clashes were witnessed at Delhi University's Ramjas college, the students residing on North Campus are living in fear.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday released its first list of 109 candidates, which includes 49 women, for the upcoming MCD polls.
Hundreds of thousands thronged Shiva temples, big and small, all over the country on Maha Shivratri on Friday to pray and offer flowers, bel (wood apple) leaves, milk, honey and more to the Lord.
After initially suggesting that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi lacks political maturity, former Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit on Friday backtracked, urging people not to twist her words.
The gas cylinder exploded on Friday morning at around 5.35 am at Lal Market in west Delhi's Vikaspuri.
Delhi Police, which is doing everything to make Delhi safer, has recently busted a new gang of robbers involved in daring gun-point robberies in the national capital.
The ABVP today raised nationalism slogans and vowed that it would not allow "anti-nationals" into the varsity.
Amidst tension in DU's North Campus in the wake of clashes, Union Minister Kiren Rijiju today said freedom of expression in the country does not give right to make college campuses hub of anti-national activity.
The government today ruled out any intervention in connection with the violence at Ramjas College, saying Delhi University is an autonomous institution and police will take required action.
Delhi Police today admitted a few of its personnel acted "unprofessionally" in tackling the clashes between ABVP and AISA members at North Campus.
A Delhi court on Thursday ordered discussion on lie detector test on Congress leader Jagdish Tytler on March 16 in connection with 1984 anti-Sikh riots case.
A flier bound for Dubai has been apprehended at the Delhi airport for allegedly trying to smuggle out foreign currency.
A day after clash broke out between All India Students Association (AISA) and Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) students at the Delhi University`s Ramjas College, the Delhi Police on Thursday called for strict action, while asserting that few policemen`s unprofessional actions were also noticed in handling law and order situation during the scuffle.
Several versions of the clip have popped up on Facebook and Twitter.
Coming out defiantly against the allegation of being involved in a corruption case related to meat exporter Moin Qureshi, former Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) chief A.P. Singh on Thursday said majority of chats between him and the former took place after his retirement.
The Supreme Court today said it would look into the plea for early setting up of a constitution bench to hear AAP government's appeals against the high court verdict holding LG as the administrative head of Delhi.
Violent clashes broke out between Left-affiliated AISA and RSS-backed ABVP at Ramjas College today over a seminar invite to JNU students Umar Khalid and Shehla Rashid which left many students, teachers and policemen injured.
Universities will now be able to set up a chair in the name of RSS ideologue Deen Dayal Upadhyay to carry out study on his works and ideas as the University Grants Commission today approved a proposal in this regard.
Delhi Congress on Wednesday extended its support to Ola-Uber drivers' union "Sarvodaya Drivers", saying "the party is with them in their fight for justice".
The Delhi High Court today refused to stall the upcoming MCD polls for 272 wards in the national capital.
The Delhi High Court on Wednesday reserved its order for February 27 on an appeal filed by the AAP government
Delhi University's Ramjas College had on Tuesday cancelled an invitation to Umar Khalid and Shehla Rashid to address a seminar following violent protests from ABVP.
What if one says that residents of east Delhi can expect to drive down to the airport in just 40 mins! That too without any traffic signal! Will you believe it?
Angoord Devi's 20-year-old son 'Raja' was arrested by Delhi Police in connection with the rape of a woman inside the Deer Park in the early hours of Sunday.
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- DNA: BJP President Amit Shah's Exclusive interview
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- Watch - Shivratri festival being observed with great enthusiasm across the country
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- DNA: Former CM Kalikho Pul’s suicide note casts corruption allegations on judiciary
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- With love from Pakistan: Grant Elliot's unique PSL celebration has conquered the world — WATCH
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- WATCH: When Pune crowd refused to return ball on India's collapsing day
- India vs Australia, 1st Test: Anil Kumble defends team, says it was just one bad day in office