The ABVP today raised nationalism slogans and vowed that it would not allow "anti-nationals" into the varsity.
Amidst tension in DU's North Campus in the wake of clashes, Union Minister Kiren Rijiju today said freedom of expression in the country does not give right to make college campuses hub of anti-national activity.
The government today ruled out any intervention in connection with the violence at Ramjas College, saying Delhi University is an autonomous institution and police will take required action.
Delhi Police today admitted a few of its personnel acted "unprofessionally" in tackling the clashes between ABVP and AISA members at North Campus.
A Delhi court on Thursday ordered discussion on lie detector test on Congress leader Jagdish Tytler on March 16 in connection with 1984 anti-Sikh riots case.
A flier bound for Dubai has been apprehended at the Delhi airport for allegedly trying to smuggle out foreign currency.
A day after clash broke out between All India Students Association (AISA) and Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) students at the Delhi University`s Ramjas College, the Delhi Police on Thursday called for strict action, while asserting that few policemen`s unprofessional actions were also noticed in handling law and order situation during the scuffle.
Several versions of the clip have popped up on Facebook and Twitter.
Coming out defiantly against the allegation of being involved in a corruption case related to meat exporter Moin Qureshi, former Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) chief A.P. Singh on Thursday said majority of chats between him and the former took place after his retirement.
The Supreme Court today said it would look into the plea for early setting up of a constitution bench to hear AAP government's appeals against the high court verdict holding LG as the administrative head of Delhi.
Violent clashes broke out between Left-affiliated AISA and RSS-backed ABVP at Ramjas College today over a seminar invite to JNU students Umar Khalid and Shehla Rashid which left many students, teachers and policemen injured.
Universities will now be able to set up a chair in the name of RSS ideologue Deen Dayal Upadhyay to carry out study on his works and ideas as the University Grants Commission today approved a proposal in this regard.
Delhi Congress on Wednesday extended its support to Ola-Uber drivers' union "Sarvodaya Drivers", saying "the party is with them in their fight for justice".
The Delhi High Court today refused to stall the upcoming MCD polls for 272 wards in the national capital.
The Delhi High Court on Wednesday reserved its order for February 27 on an appeal filed by the AAP government
Delhi University's Ramjas College had on Tuesday cancelled an invitation to Umar Khalid and Shehla Rashid to address a seminar following violent protests from ABVP.
What if one says that residents of east Delhi can expect to drive down to the airport in just 40 mins! That too without any traffic signal! Will you believe it?
Angoord Devi's 20-year-old son 'Raja' was arrested by Delhi Police in connection with the rape of a woman inside the Deer Park in the early hours of Sunday.
A Delhi court on Tuesday sent the accused in the Hauz Khas rape case to 14-day judicial custody.
A Delhi court on Tuesday awarded life imprisonment till death to a 22-year-old man for raping and murdering an 81-year-old woman at her south Delhi residence two years ago.
The Delhi High Court today extended the stay on a trial court order summoning Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal in a criminal defamation complaint filed against him by a constable.
An environment activist alleging pollution in an East Delhi canal and failure of civic authorities to provide clean and healthy environment to the residents today led the NGT to seek replies from the Centre and the Delhi government.
Umar Khalid was scheduled to speak in the afternoon on ‘The War in Adivasi Areas’ at an event titled ‘Cultures of Protest’.
Police on Tuesday said they had arrested a man on charges of raping a woman from Nagaland over the weekend near a popular hangout in south Delhi.
The main accused in the Hauz Khas rape case, who was on the run after committing the crime, was arrested by the police from a South Delhi on Tuesday.
The Delhi Police on Tuesday arrested one person in connection with the alleged rape of a 24-year-old woman from northeast in Delhi`s Hauz Khas area.
A Delhi court on Monday granted bail to Tariq Ahmed Dar, who was convicted on Thursday for the 2005 Delhi serial blasts, in a related money laundering case.
Police claimed that this is the first time provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act have been invoked against those accused of human trafficking.
The Bill, passed by the Delhi Assembly in November 2015, proposes that salaries of babus be automatically deducted in cases of delay in delivery of government services.
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- Watch - Akshay Kumar's pillow talk with his fans on fitness
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- Children subjected to cruelty on allegations of mobile stealing
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP
- Shiv Sena retains Thane Municipal Corporation, wins 67 seats
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- Maharashtra civil polls: BJP bags 32 seats in Ulhasnagar, Shiv Sena 25
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results: BJP wins big, NCP fails to open account
- Trump's immigration plans to impact 3 lakh Indian-Americans, EU ready to welcome more Indian skilled workers
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days