Egyptologists from the University of Basel in Switzerland investigated the prosthesis using modern microscopy, X-ray technology, and computer tomography.
Dragonfly fossils are hard to preserve, but the newly discovered fossil is comparatively well-preserved, researchers said.
The organism has an uncanny resemblance to the male reproductive organ.
The settlement, which is around 500 metres by 1,000 metres has buildings and walls constructed with large stone blocks ? leading people to assume only those with enormous stature or strength could have built it.
Crocodiles and dinosaurs lived together, which means there are probably more fossils buried underneath, Jin Changzhu, a research fellow at the Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology, said on Friday.
The institute said the remains of the Homo sapiens, which were found in a remote village called Jbel Irhoud, Morocco, date back to over 300,000 years ago, Xinhua reported.
The orchid family has some 28,000 species – more than double the number of bird species and quadruple the mammal species.
Remains of nearly 4000-year-oldmodel garden was found in an open courtyard outside a Middle Kingdom (2050 to 1800 BC) tomb.
The ancient fungus-like life forms, found in fossilised gas bubbles 800 metres (2,600 feet) underground in South Africa's Northern Cape Province, are remarkable not just for their age but their origin, the researchers said.
There have been similar finds in the Foshan region, which has gained a reputation in the scientific community for revealing valuable information from the Cretaceous period.
The bones of the dinosaur called Moabosaurus Utahensis were assembled using bones extracted over the course of four decades.
Scientists have discovered potential signs of life ten kilometres below the sea floor in the the deepest part of the worlds oceans, Mariana Trench.
Archaeologists have discovered 13 ancient tombs which is estimated to be between 1,800 and 2,700 years old, in Bomi County of southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region.
It had disappeared completely by the Tang Dynasty (618-907).
Pitch rotation results in basic up and down movement, and yaw rotation results in side-to-side, crosswise motion like a a cow munching away on grass.
The newly-identified 150 tracks are older than most dinosaur fossils unearthed in the eastern part of Australia and which are thought to be between 90 and 115 million years old.
Researchers eventually discovered 30 bones belonging to three individuals: a robust adult, a gracile adult and an infant, 'Live Science' reported.
The efforts to lift this massive capstone was coordinated by S S Rangacharyulu, archaeology consultant and K Padmanabha, assistant director (museums), as this mission required great precision and caution, Department officials said.
The cranium was found in 2014. Since the sediments containing the cranium at the Aroeira site were firmly cemented, the cranium was removed from the site in a large, solid block.
The tracks were found on a rural mountain road in Longjing city in August 2015, Xinhua news agency quoted the scientists from China, South Korea and the US as saying.
Analysis of Neanderthal dental plaque has revealed a varied and "modern-looking" vegetarian diet.
Mark Hambleton and Joe Kania unearthed the gold items just below the ground in an area of moorland on a farm in the English county of Staffordshire, Xinhua news agency reported.
Scientists discovered the new species, which they call Knoetschkesuchus, by carrying out the 3D reconstruction of the fossil skull of a reptile.
Research shows that Thwaites Glacier on the edge of West Antarctica is sliding unstoppably into the ocean, mainly due to warmer seawater lapping at its underside.
They found that the animals embedded several different bits of information in their squeaks.
By studying the mineral, zircon, found in rocks spewed up by lava during volcanic eruptions, the scientists concluded that remnants of this mineral were far too old to belong to the island of Mauritius.
They also found similar muscles in baboon tongues as human tongues which are key to our ability to make vowel sounds.
The team of archaeologists uncovered the garden during a roadwork.
Located in Timmins, Ontario, researchers from the University of Toronto found the primordial water at a depth of 1.5 miles (2.4 km) in Kidd Creek Mine.
Researchers from the Gemological Institute of America studied the unique properties of diamonds with similar characteristics to famous stones such as the Cullinan, Constellation and Kohinoor by examining their so-called "offcuts," which are the pieces left over after the gem's facets are cut for maximum sparkle.
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- Watch: Car catches fire in Bihar's Nalanda, no casualty
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Prabhas’ reaction to SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali 3’ offer is hilarious! WATCH
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- West Indies vs India, 1st ODI — As it happened...
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE