The findings has just been published in South African journal of Science that highlights how industrialization and change in lifestyles triggered the incidence of cancer that are embedded deep within the evolution period of humans.
The dragon ants are natives of Papua New Guinea and the research shows that they arrived at their place of origination some 12 billion years ago.
The discovery of a foot bone from the site of Swartkrans located near Johannesburg with definitive evidence of malignant cancer, pushes the oldest date for this disease back from recent times into deep prehistory, the researchers said.
The discovery, called the Indian National Gas Hydrate Programme Expedition 02, was the result of the most comprehensive gas hydrate field venture in the world made up of scientists from India, Japan and the US, it said in a statement.
A large snake might reach about 30 inches, but most are less than 24 inches.
Containing about 200,000 rat heart-muscle cells, the robot measures 0.63 inches long and weighs just 10 grams.
This conclusion came after analyzing a 1.5 million-year-old footprint of Homo Erectus found in 2009 near the eastern shores of Lake Turkana.
The dinosaur was named Gualicho Shinyae, a combination of the name of an evil spirit Gualichu -- worshipped by the local Tehuelche community in the Patagonia region and Akiko Shinya, the scientist who first discovered the dinosaur in southern Rio Negro Province.
A newly-discovered dinosaur from Patagonia has similar short, two-fingered claws, even though it's not closely related to the tyrannosaurs.
They said that this type of growth is mainly found in people other mammals and some modern reptiles.
These particles contain four quarks - the fundamental constituent of the matter inside all the atoms of the universe: two quarks and two antiquarks.
According to a new study, our ancestors evolved three times faster in the 10 million years after the extinction of the dinosaurs than in the previous 80 million years.
It interacts with people and responds to their emotions. Cozmo is coupled with playful personality and its eye lights up whenever it sees a familiar face.
It is rare on Earth but found in abundance in universe. Recently British scientists have discovered huge deposits of Helium (He) gas reserve in Tanzania, using a new exploration method that spells good news for the future.
Many scientists believe that it can be extremely beneficial exploring a sunken ship due to its quickness and high precision ability.
The changed conditions forced the bacteria to learn to use the more abundant material in their environment.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- LIVE: IND vs WI, 1st ODI — Excellent start by India openers
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE