New Delhi: The Railways has now introduced a mobile application which enables booking and cancellation of unreserved tickets among a host of other facilities.
In a statement , the ministry said that the app will also enable issue and renewal of season and platform tickets, check and load R-wallet balance and help maintain user profile management and booking history.
The utsonmobile' application developed by the Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) is available for both Android and Windows smart phones.
Here are the key features of the utsonmobile app
1. The ‘utsonmobile’ application enables booking and cancellation of unreserved tickets, issue and renewal of season and platform tickets, check and load R-wallet balance and helps maintain user profile management and booking history.
2. The 'utsonmobile' application is very handy, free and is available for both Android and Windows smart phone. Users can download this app from Google Play Store or Windows store free of cost.
3. First the passenger will get registered by providing his/her mobile number, name, city, default booking train type, class, ticket type, number of passenger and frequently travelling routes.
4. Upon successful registration, Railway Wallet (R-Wallet) will be created automatically with zero balance to the passenger. There will be no extra cost for creating R-Wallet.
5. The R-Wallet can be recharged either at any of the UTS counter or through recharge option available in the utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in website.
6. In case internet connection of the mobile is not up, then ticket booking is not allowed.
7. No advance ticket booking is allowed. (i.e.) the journey date will always be current date.
8. Paperless Ticket: The passenger can travel without taking hardcopy of the ticket. Whenever Ticket Checking Staff asks for ticket, the passenger will use 'Show Ticket' option in the app.
9. Paper Ticket: The passenger can book ticket through the mobile app. On booking of ticket, he/she will get Booking ID along with other ticket details. The booking details will also be available in booking history. The booking ID will also be conveyed through an SMS.