Classical singers Rajan, Sajan presented Tansen Samman
Gwalior: Noted classical singers Rajan and Sajan Mishra have been conferred with the prestigious National Tansen Samman for 2011-12.
The award, which carries Rs 2 lakh in cash and a citation, was presented to the vocalist-brothers by Gwalior Mayor Samiksha Gupta at the Tansen Samaroh here last night.
Speaking on the occasion, Rajan said though he was a recipient of Padma Bhushan, the country`s third highest civilian award, it was a big honour to get the Tansen Samman as it is considered a prestigious prize in the the music world.
The Tansen Samaroh is being organised from December 14 to 17 by the State Government`s Ustad Alauddin Khan Sangeet Evam Kala Akademi and Madhya Pradesh Sanskriti Parishad. Rajan-Sajan`s father Hanuman Prasad Mishra is one of the past recipients of the Madhya Pradesh Government-sponsored award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amal Clooney's baggy floral smock sparks pregnancy rumours!
- Priyanka Chopra wins big at People's Choice Awards one more time!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- 'FIR' actress Kavita Kaushik set to marry boyfriend Ronnit Biswas!
- Tracing Salman Khan's Arms Act case: Timeline