Classical singers Rajan, Sajan presented Tansen Samman
Gwalior: Noted classical singers Rajan and Sajan Mishra have been conferred with the prestigious National Tansen Samman for 2011-12.
The award, which carries Rs 2 lakh in cash and a citation, was presented to the vocalist-brothers by Gwalior Mayor Samiksha Gupta at the Tansen Samaroh here last night.
Speaking on the occasion, Rajan said though he was a recipient of Padma Bhushan, the country`s third highest civilian award, it was a big honour to get the Tansen Samman as it is considered a prestigious prize in the the music world.
The Tansen Samaroh is being organised from December 14 to 17 by the State Government`s Ustad Alauddin Khan Sangeet Evam Kala Akademi and Madhya Pradesh Sanskriti Parishad. Rajan-Sajan`s father Hanuman Prasad Mishra is one of the past recipients of the Madhya Pradesh Government-sponsored award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan would definitely like to have a child
- Salman Khan’s top 10 films over the years
- See: Sridevi’s daughter Khushi kisses Jack Gilinsky; 3 month old pic goes viral
- Pakistan expresses its ‘Jazbaa’ for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan are not stars but co-stars for Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Anupam Kher bonds with De Niro at `Silver Linings Playbook` premiere
- Kate Moss’ Lucien Freud’s tattoo worth millions (With pic)
- Atul Kulkarni to star in `Zanjeer` remake
- Brangelina`s kids visit post office, send letters to Santa
- Twilight fans must have mental disorder to camp out in cold, says Robert Pattinson