Kate Moss’ Lucien Freud’s tattoo worth millions (With pic)
Washington: Kate Moss has revealed that the inking of two birds on her lower back was done by the late world-renowned artist Lucien Freud and is probably worth a fortune.
“He told me about when he was in the navy, when he was 19 or something, and he used to do all of the tattoos for the sailors. And I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s amazing.’ And he went, ‘I can do you one. What would you like? Would you like creatures of the animal kingdom?’” Contactmusic quote her as telling Vanity Fair magazine.
“I said I liked birds and he replied, ‘I’ve done birds. I’ve got it in my book. And he pointed down at a painting of a chicken upside down in a bucket. And I said, ‘No, I’m not having that.’”
“And then he said, ‘Maybe I should just do you.’ And I thought, I’m not going to have a girl on my a***. So we decided to do a flock of birds,” she said.
She later added that since it was an original Freud a collector could pay a few millions for that.
“If it all goes horribly wrong I could get a skin graft and sell it! It’s probably the only one on skin that’s still around, because when he was in the navy he was about 19. Can you imagine?”” she said.
The 38-year-old model became close to Freud when he painted her in the nude, while she was pregnant with her daughter Lila Grace in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena opposes Ghulam Ali’s concert in Mumbai
- Never evaded Income Tax, says Vijay after searches
- Lady Gaga's fiance 'cool' with her joining 'American Horror Story'
- Dilip Kumar's house: Court asks Pakistan government on takeover
- Watch: Second trailer of Kamal Haasan’s ‘Thoongaavanam’ edgy, action-packed
- Classical singers Rajan, Sajan presented Tansen Samman
- Anupam Kher bonds with De Niro at `Silver Linings Playbook` premiere
- Atul Kulkarni to star in `Zanjeer` remake
- Brangelina`s kids visit post office, send letters to Santa
- Twilight fans must have mental disorder to camp out in cold, says Robert Pattinson