`Drunk` Michael Jackson was slapped sober before comeback announcement
London: Michael Jackson was so drunk before his comeback announcement that he had to be "slapped" to make him sober.
The King of Pop had drunk so much alcohol that was unable to even attach an armband to his cufflink on a shirt.
However, Jackson managed to put his act together in ` This is it` news conference at London`s 02 Arena.
AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips, testifying for a sixth day in the Michael Jackson wrongful death trial, said that he doubted that Jackson would show up for the London announcement, as he had been unable to reach him a week before the scheduled date.
When Phillips arrived at Jackson`s room at the Lanesborough Hotel, he was informed that the singer was drunk and unsure if he would attend the launch.
Phillips said that he asked Jackson if he was "OK," to which Jackson replied that he was really concerned that there wouldn`t be anyone there and maybe it could be a bust, the Mirror reported.
He asserted that he screamed at Jackson so loud that the walls were shaking, adding that he slapped and screamed at him louder that he did with Arthur Cassell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!