`India Film Guide` to be launched at Cannes gala
New Delhi: The information and broadcasting ministry will launch a first-of-its-kind resource guide at the 67th Cannes International Film Festival, aiming to position India as a prime filming destination.
The guide has catalogued information on film policies and movies for sales and distribution.
The guide has exhaustive descriptions of the policy initiatives of the ministry, its affiliated bodies; details of all India`s co-production agreements; all Indian films at Cannes and visiting Indian delegates; key database pertaining to the sector and the winners of this year`s National Film Awards, read a statement.
It is expected to act as a catalyst in view of the branding of the India Pavilion, which aims to bring about substantial interest from the international community in exploiting India`s filmmaking potential.
The Cannes film gala is scheduled to be held May 14-25.
The India Pavilion will showcase Indian cinema across linguistic, cultural and regional diversity, with a motive to forge an increasing number of international partnerships in the realm of distribution, production, filming in India, script development and technology, and promoting film sales and syndication.
The initiatives undertaken to promote co-production between stakeholders, viability of the Single Window Clearance mechanism and the possibility of enhanced cooperation within the domain of film archiving in the backdrop of the National Film Heritage Mission, will be focus areas for interaction with foreign producers and organizations associated with the film industry.
There will also be a discussion and felicitation of "Titli", Indi’`s official selection at the festival along with the cast and crew, including director "Kanu Behl".
The ministry will also organize interactive sessions with Indian and international film industry stakeholders at the India Pavilion, where trailers of recent Indian films and brochures and other literature of Indian film companies, will also be showcased.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Good news for food lovers in Mumbai: City to celebrate first Family Food Festival
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated