`Multi-millionaire` Susan Boyle applies for part-time job at bookies
London: Susan Boyle, who is reportedly worth several million pounds, has applied for 6.31-pound-an-hour minimum wage position at Ladbrokes store.
The 52-year-old singing sensation saw the job ad in a shop window and then walked in to quiz staff about the role.
Deputy manager David Corr told The Sun that Boyle walked into the shop and asked about the job advertised in their window, asserting that the happening shocked everyone present.
However, once the staff got over their bemusement, they told the star that she would need to apply online.
A job description explains that the role is an entry level role which requires the person to act as the first point of contact with the customers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Winter special: Five non-alcoholic drinks to tackle cold
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Feeling blues? Here are TOP 6 ways to sustain your long distance relationship
- Wedding special: 8 Bollywood songs to make your sangeet rocking!