`Multi-millionaire` Susan Boyle applies for part-time job at bookies
London: Susan Boyle, who is reportedly worth several million pounds, has applied for 6.31-pound-an-hour minimum wage position at Ladbrokes store.
The 52-year-old singing sensation saw the job ad in a shop window and then walked in to quiz staff about the role.
Deputy manager David Corr told The Sun that Boyle walked into the shop and asked about the job advertised in their window, asserting that the happening shocked everyone present.
However, once the staff got over their bemusement, they told the star that she would need to apply online.
A job description explains that the role is an entry level role which requires the person to act as the first point of contact with the customers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh