`Multi-millionaire` Susan Boyle applies for part-time job at bookies
London: Susan Boyle, who is reportedly worth several million pounds, has applied for 6.31-pound-an-hour minimum wage position at Ladbrokes store.
The 52-year-old singing sensation saw the job ad in a shop window and then walked in to quiz staff about the role.
Deputy manager David Corr told The Sun that Boyle walked into the shop and asked about the job advertised in their window, asserting that the happening shocked everyone present.
However, once the staff got over their bemusement, they told the star that she would need to apply online.
A job description explains that the role is an entry level role which requires the person to act as the first point of contact with the customers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maharashtra Governor applauds Juhi Chawla, Shabana Azmi's 'Chalk N Duster'
- Shah Rukh Khan fined Rs 1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside 'Mannat'
- Richa Chadha excited to meet Sarabjit Singh's wife
- He is back! Irrfan Khan reveals intriguing first look in 'India Ki Khoj' poster - See pic
- Sex or acting - what did Aditya Roy Kapoor choose? Watch video
- Does Ganesha really ride a mouse?
- Oh boy! Have you seen a three-legged dog? Watch short film which tells a touching tale
- Ever wondered what you really are? Take quiz now!
- Watch: Mother puts her triplets and toddler to bed – Viral video
- Vasant Panchami: Pay tribute to Goddess Saraswati by singing this Aarti song