`Pirates of the Caribbean 5` to begin filming this year
London: Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has revealed new directors Joachim Roenning and Espen Sandberg will start shooting `Pirates of the Caribbean 5` before the end of the year.
Bruckheimer said the Disney franchise is due to set sail once more in a few months` time following the appointment of Norwegian directors Roenning and Sandberg.
"We hired two young directors who did a movie called `Kon-Tiki`. They just came to Hollywood last week, they`re just starting up. We plan to start filming end of this year or the beginning of next year," said Bruckheimer.
The producer, who received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame last month, also hinted the film would explore brand new and exciting horizons.
"We don`t know what they want. If I did I`d be a genius and every movie would be a hit, but it doesn`t work that way. We try to go by our gut and figure out what`s exciting; where haven`t we travelled in the past?," he added.
Screenwriter Jeff Nathanson, the man behind `Catch Me If You Can`, has penned the feature about the misadventures of eccentric Captain Jack Sparrow, played by Johnny Depp.
It is thought that Penelope Cruz, who starred as Angelica Teach in 2011`s `Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides`, could return for the fifth film after Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom departed following the third instalment in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out! Katrina Kaif's realistic take on friendships in Bollywood
- Naseeruddin Shah apologises for his remarks on Rajesh Khanna, daughter Twinkle thanks supporters
- Watch: When Anushka Sharma went gaga over 'susheel ladka' Ranveer Singh!
- Salman Khan acquitted in two black buck poaching cases: Today is a big day for us, tweets sister Arpita
- All is not well between Kareena Kapoor Khan and Deepika Padukone? – Know why
- Salman Khan acquitted in black buck poaching cases: Check out mixed reactions on Twitter
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!